Powerful Reallooking arrows

Carimya

Just my two cents, but....

If I (in real life) shot someone with an arrow, one would probably be enough, regardless of material or value.

Could just be me though.

Lucifer

well, that is wrong.....

first of all, one arrow wouldn't normally kill you, unless it hits in vital areas, like major blood vessels and such

also, if a simple arrow would kill you, how is it that arrows have evolved throughout history??

it's the same thing with guns

a single bullet wouldn't normally kill you, unless it's a monster round (like a .50 Calibr round or something) or if it hit vital areas

so yeah, in Oblivion they didn't evolve it in a smart way, but it had to fit with the themes

but really, could you tell me how is making a glass armor smart?? :biggrin:

think about more advanced arrowheads, and more aerodynamic arrow shafts and such, not materials (though there are materials that are easier to work with, giving better results and such)

that's as far as i know, and my opinion :happy:

its not just a glass armor, its a glass armor made of green glass - with the most awkward helmet ever.

The glass armor isn´t normal glass^^ If you read in the oblivion book for light armor repairs, then you will read that it´s just something else what is called glass^^

Well, it might not be a insta-kill, but without a hospital I'd give the shot-tee little chance... Unless you got shot in an extremity... Just saying.

I myself practice archery every now and than, as a hobby. I have a wooden longbow, about 5', and about 20 years old (very oldskool) with forged arrows (no barbs)... If I pull it back about halfway, it'll shoot through about 2" of wood. So yeah, bows can quite easily "destroy" soft targets.

Technically speaking, the average (shot) arrow has more kinetic energy than a 9mm (mainly due to size, not speed)...

And lets never forget about Achilles :)

Ontopic; this thread reminded me of a a mod with long, medieval (realistic) arrows... which I can no longer find. If anyone knows where to find it, please say so. I'd love to have it, and it could be a nice alternative to the OP as well.

Lucifer

Well, it might not be a insta-kill, but without a hospital I'd give the shot-tee little chance... Unless you got shot in an extremity... Just saying.

I myself practice archery every now and than, as a hobby. I have a wooden longbow, about 5', and about 20 years old (very oldskool) with forged arrows (no barbs)... If I pull it back about halfway, it'll shoot through about 2" of wood. So yeah, bows can quite easily "destroy" soft targets.

Technically speaking, the average (shot) arrow has more kinetic energy than a 9mm (mainly due to size, not speed)...

And lets never forget about Achilles :)

Ontopic; this thread reminded me of a a mod with long, medieval (realistic) arrows... which I can no longer find. If anyone knows where to find it, please say so. I'd love to have it, and it could be a nice alternative to the OP as well.

Lucifer

What arrows do you use in real? I sometimes practise bowshooting, too^^ I use arrows made of carbon. They´re really good.

On topic: I maybe know why it doesn´t work that daenlin sells the arrows. You called him Baenlin in this thread. Well Beanlin is a woodelf in bruma which will be killed by a falling minotaurhead (if you joined the dark brotherhood). Maybe you gave it to him?

Carimya, if he did that, he'd have failed big time. Adding the item to a NPC wont change anything related to what the NPC will sell.

The NPC has a chest which contains the items he/she sells.

anyways, wasteland - if you need help at adding the item to the chest, read this topic, I think its the one I read back in the days.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/How_To_Add_Objects_For_Sale

Carimya, if he did that, he'd have failed big time. Adding the item to a NPC wont change anything related to what the NPC will sell.

The NPC has a chest which contains the items he/she sells.

anyways, wasteland - if you need help at adding the item to the chest, read this topic, I think its the one I read back in the days.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/How_To_Add_Objects_For_Sale

thanks

i was following another tutorial on the subject, but i guess it didn't work as expected.....