Oblivion spikes for 15 seconds during Save!

okokokok

Oblivion spikes for 15 to 20 seconds doing a Quicksave or Autosave. When streamline saves the game (like it does on a regular basis) it spikes aswell.

it has never spiked like this ever, untill recently saving never took any time or even reduced fps.

How do i make it save smoothly and not spike my game for 15-20 sec?

well, let me guess, you have Oblivion XP installed?? (the mod, that is)

because such things have been reported to happen with that mod

if so, they also say how to fix this, but i haven't tried it (i have the same problem, though i just deal with it......)

LOL i do have Oblivion XP installed xD thanks ill look around for the fix. thanks a lot for the quick response :D

Well, i tryed to disable oblivion XP. It didnt help. I did discover something else though

Long lag on save only seems to occur on one character.

But the race mod is not to blame because i checked on another character off the same race and it saves noramlly.

Everything saves normally but the one character, my main character.

Yes this is a typical symptom of Save Game Bloating, as mentioned by Ferryt. Look in your My Games > Oblivion > Saves folder and check the size of your saves. I'd say if it's over 10 MB you have bloat. I'm nearing my 1000th save around 300hrs with around 175 mods on my current character and only have a 5.7 MB save file. It saves in under 1 second, near instantaneous. Use the recommendation provided by Ferryt and use Wrye Bash's Remove Bloat function.

If you need more information on Wrye Bash I'll provide you with a link to a wealth of information. Basically every function is listed in the index on the left, just scroll and find what you're looking for and read up on it. The page is here, Wrye Bash. I would call it a ReadMe but it's more of a Tome. Either way the information is there. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Yes this is a typical symptom of Save Game Bloating, as mentioned by Ferryt. Look in your My Games > Oblivion > Saves folder and check the size of your saves. I'd say if it's over 10 MB you have bloat. I'm nearing my 1000th save around 300hrs with around 175 mods on my current character and only have a 5.7 MB save file. It saves in under 1 second, near instantaneous. Use the recommendation provided by Ferryt and use Wrye Bash's Remove Bloat function.

If you need more information on Wrye Bash I'll provide you with a link to a wealth of information. Basically every function is listed in the index on the left, just scroll and find what you're looking for and read up on it. The page is here, Wrye Bash. I would call it a ReadMe but it's more of a Tome. Either way the information is there. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. Super mega awesome community here. Lucky for me i've been using wrye bash for a long time. I never suspected a bloat though :)

Edit: Removed all bloating, the original file was at around 6mb, its now around half that... but the saving time is still around 15 seconds... :(

Another Edit: Alright im just asking could this have something to do with it? (see attachment)

I see nothing out of the ordinary there. Those are just saves and backups of each save, completely normal. Anything with the .bak in it is the backup of course, and the others are the original. Only other suggestion I have is reduce the amount of saves in your Saves folder. I typically only keep around 30 or so and move the others to a separate Oblivion backup folder. I'm not sure if this will help but it won't hurt. Maybe I'm just OCD and can't stand to have tons of saves in my folder. :rolleyes: