i broke my favorite gun. pls halp?

Amybot

Hey I'm totally new here and this is my first post in the forum. I have an old mod that i love very much, it adds 2 guns, an M-16A1 and a (CAR-15 M-16) the carbine.

I love them so but the car-15 the most. the drawback is that they are epically inaccurate so i tried to fix that. I went into GECK and changed there scatter values, saved, and exited GECK it worked, my gun fires true BUT there is no longer a fire sound. the reload, impact, and shell casings work but no "pew pew pew" what have i done? i spent an hour or so in chat trying to talk it through but to no avale... i can not seem to fix it and i do not know what ive done wrong. i have no experence with GECK at all really and i dont know what im doing. sorry for being such a noobe i know its probably something simple but .... not for me.

http://fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=19467

http://fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=19465

look under the sound section of the weapon in the GECK

i hope you did a backup of the .esp

if not, redownload it

just check the original's sounds, see what files it used, and make sure your gun uses the same sounds

it's basically under the sound or noise or something like that tab, of the weapons' info, inside the GECK

hope this helps you fix it :)

look under the sound section of the weapon in the GECK

i hope you did a backup of the .esp

if not, redownload it

just check the original's sounds, see what files it used, and make sure your gun uses the same sounds

it's basically under the sound or noise or something like that tab, of the weapons' info, inside the GECK

hope this helps you fix it :)

i didnt think to back it up and the mod no longer exists.

oh......

if i remember correctly, when you click on a sound file, you will hear the sound

so just try to find the ones that you like, and make sure the gun uses them

again, go to the weapon in the GECK, click on the art and sound tab, and under it there are several options

well, just click each one you need (you don't have to choose a melee block, or misfire sound, just the 2 first settings, which are the attack sounds), find a sound you like, and apply it on the mod

that should fix your problem

hope this helps

glad it worked out :)

though there are many good mods that have awesome sounds, and ones that better fit such weapons......

don't know how automatic sniper fire sounds like....... ;)

sounds rather interesting indeed. :)