Natural weather conflict

scorpius166

This is one rather peculiar problem.

Recently, I wanted to play Oblivion again with my favourite mods. The things is, whenever I activate Natural Environments' Weather (HDR) mod, weather's constantly keeps changing ingame if I enter character screen or menu. For Example: I load my savegame and the weather is clear, then I go to inventory screen, exit from inventory screen, and the weather instantly changes to something totally random (snowy, rainy, foggy, etc.). This happens whenever I enter character menus via Tab or game menu. I am 100% sure this is Natural Weather incompatibility with some other mod because if I deactivate NW - no more weather changing. I am using plethora of mods, the complete list is here:

Oblivion.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

HrmnsOblivionScriptOptimizationv1.0.esp

spellstrip 1.0.esp

CuteElf11.esp

ScriptEffectIconReplace.esp

mythsandlegends.esp

cpp.esp

Bag of Alchemy.esp

qazFingerSnap.esp

ACCCGR.esp

MidasSpells.esp

Grandmaster of Alchemy.esp

Claymore equipment ver.1.3.0.esp

RealisticHealth.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

-No-_persistant_enchantment_glow_fix-1843.esp

NoChameleonSM.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

diversegrasses.esp

Atmospheric Loading Screens - No Text.esp

kuerteeAutoFirstThirdPersonView.esp

Spell Delete.esp

Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp

DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp

Oblivion XP.esp

I am also using these GUI/graphics-enhancing mods:

(Full version) Qarl Texture Pack + parallax

Improved Facial Textures v2.1

Elven Cartographers

DarkUI DARN

BTMod 2.20

Spiffy loading bar

WalthersSimpleEnemyHealthBar

Oblivion Graphics Extender (GodRays, SSAO, ColorMood, EdgeAA, MotionBlur shaders active)

Tamriel Really Almost Everything Visible (core, wilderness architecture, ayleid ruins, imperial forts, statues, Qarl Texture patch)

I run Oblivion via OBSE v 0018 stable, the oblivion.exe itself is v1.2.0416. However, I've patched my oblivion.exe via CFF Explorer to use LargeAddressAware (to be able to use up to 4 GB of RAM). My PC is quadcore Phenom II X4 3.6 GHz, 8 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB, Windows 7 64bit OS.

This problem is quite annoying, especially because I have carefully chosen my mods so they won't conflict with one another (much...). I really don't want to have to get rid of any of them. So far, I have tried changing mod load order a bit - no effect. The only solution for now is not to use Natural Weather but that's inconvenient, considering how fantastic that mod is. If anyone experienced this before and knows how to solve this without getting rid of any mods, I would be grateful for any assistance.

One of my very few posts here, but:

This is normal - Natural Weather is heavily bugged, and that's that. You can use Ryu Doppler's fixed version (also on Nexus), or another weather mod. It's one of these things that you just pick up after being in the community a while, or so I would hope, but it seems that despite my best efforts on educating users, heaps of newbies read old mod lists, which portray NE as the best thing since sliced bread (which is was, in its time) and aren't aware of the problems it (the weather section) has. Because they're newbies, they take the first info they get at face value, and don't know how to debug problems with mods (like finding out which mod is the culprit). Just look at the NE comments thread.

I realise that I'm a bit biased, but Natural Weather is no longer the cream of the crop, there's 3 other weather mods out there that IMHO do a better job of it. That said, there is a fixed version available, and all it requires for people to stop having problems is for those who have found the solution to pass it on - so if you see someone else noting problems with NW weather, tell them about the fixed version, or recommend another mod.

You might also want to check out my Environment Mod List in my sig for more info on your options.

Wrinklyninja speaks the truth.

And since he didn't come out and say it directly, understandably so, I will since I have no bias and am nothing but a common mod user who uses the best available mods. Well in my opinion the best. Go get Weather - All Natural. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the competition at this point in time and I don't see that changing anytime soon. With that said I strongly urge you to read ALL documentation provided with the mod and any documentation for additional requirements. Such as and most importantly Wrye Bash. If you don't educate yourself and just dive in you're gonna have problems and be right back complaining that this mod is broken, when it's not. If you're not willing to to take your time and properly install Wrye Bash and All Natural I suggest you select one of the other weather mods Wrinklyninja pointed out.