v1.03 or v1.04??

erikwong

Adding one small point in this discussion (and one that matters only to a small number of players):

The mod "Advanced Tactics" relied on some improved scripting capabilities that were made available with 1.03. The scripting engine contained a wider range of conditions and possible actions than before.

Unfortunately, (and accidently) the one included in the 1.04 patch rolled back the "scripts.ldf" file to the 1.02 version.

So if you use any of those capabilites, directly or through a mod, you'll want to stay at 1.03.

(Guess there'll be no GoA or WH for you. :ohmy: )

I'm at 1.04 with ALL possible DLC installed.

(Well, except "The DLC Which Must Not Be Named", of course. :laugh: )

Never, ever, used "Advanced Tactics". And I removed "Improved Atmosphere" after encountering problems with some saves (disappearing equipment.) It was probably something I did wrong. That was my first use of a really complicated mod and I should take another look at it now that I have a better idea what I'm doing.

My "override" folder is currently at 2.5GB in 25 subfolders, plus another 14 stored along with the DLC in the "addins" folder. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
uh-oh i got 1.04 (not much choice came that way on disc) and im using advance tactics what are the issues with using AT and using 1.04?

(Well, except "The DLC Which Must Not Be Named", of course. :laugh: )
lol, which one is that? just give me a hint. :biggrin:

I am using 1.04 with just north of 70 DAZIP type installs, 10 overrides installs via the mod manager, and my override folder with the "drop this in your override folder mods" is 3.25GB. I am running Improved Atmosphere, slinksRAVage, multiple class and talent modifying programs like chantry monk, class and spec pack by, wildkin adept, ect. I don't use advanced tactics because I never saw the need but 1.04 runs WAY better than the old versions for me.