ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

mod request: more Halla statues at winter palace

Skottorp

Was hoping someone might be intrested in adding more Halla statues in the winterpalace so you can open more doors. I am extremly annoyed at this part of the game as I can't solve all the sidequests (collect blackmail, caprise and red jenny staches) and at the same time get all the evidence against the throne contenders (including the elven locket). Personally I don't care about the doors that are "pure" loot, altough I suspect others might.

anyone up for the challange?

Edited by Skottorp

• 1 month later...

I agree with this. It's really annoying that I can't get the ending I want for this quest without rendering others uncompletable...
I think though that rather than putting more statues around the palace it is easier to make it so that statues are not consumed when you interact with the doors.

• 3 weeks later...

you can use cheat engine if there is no mod

I've tried using the cheat engine (CE) but could never figure out how to do it (have read pretty much all entries in the CE forum on Halla, but most of them made little sense to a newbie CE user as me), nor does their seem to be any progress on adding the feature to the current CE table. If anyone would like to write an "Dummies guide to adding more Halla using cheat engine", that would be much appriciated, a tutorial video would be even better.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted the same topic on daitools forum, like you I'm a completionist and I was frustrated that I couldn't complete all the winter palace quests or have all available options for choosing the leader of Orlais outcome. I'm no modder myself, but I love putting mods on my game and I'm new to the cheatengine as well and don't feel confident using it.

• 1 month later...

Found a "tutorial" for cheat engine that worked for me (second post from the bottom by Crazy6432):

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=578120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540

note: it says that the first 5 to 6 characters should match, but for me it was never more than 4. A few times I got two possible choices to choose from so you might have to try a couple of times before you get it right.

Edited by Skottorp