Sad day...

joey2176

Well here it is...Fallout New Vegas...and Steam. I may well be one of the few players that does not have internet where I live. This is by choice, I can't afford $70 a month. So that's it? I'm screwed? I think I can drag my pc to work and pull off the initial installation but will the game require a connection to play even after it's installed? Bummed...really bummed...

I think you can play in offline mode after you've activated your game.

As for gamers without internet access: I work at GameStop and atleast half of my customers don't have internet access because the area they live in is not serviced by any affordable ISPs. This was an issue this weekend as well, when my coworkers and I were in Austin for training on the new rewards system. Basically you have to have internet access or you're screwed. Which sucks for us, because we're expected to push the loyalty card, yet half of our customers can't use it. -__- Guess they had to do something to try and make us look bad, seeing as we were top in the nation for the last four months our store has been open.:whistling: But I digress.

i played loads of games offline but eventually it started to complain about updates quite a way down the line and stopped working. i think that was because steam hadnt updated in ages and was complaining, not anything to do with the game. once NVMM is about i think that should stop those problems as it bypasses steam i think.

I'm not sure about Steam but I had a few D2D games that would have to be re-activated every few months when I lost my net connection while I was unemployed. One of them I could never get to work again, can't remember which one it was now, I stopped using D2D after that combined with the fact I couldn't use mods with the D2D version of Oblivion.