Good ol' Dogmeat.

Irtan

Sad thing but everybody knows that we won't find old Dogmeat in new Fallout. Instead of him, creators give us Rex "The Mighty Cyberdog"... From first to third Fallout, my only companion was Dogmeat... Sad that they didn't add normal one this time. So I have two questions:

1. Is there any "easy" method to add old Dogmeat to FNV and play with him as an normal, not-humanoid companion? Or just replace the Rex cyberdog model with the Dogmeat model?

2. If this isn't so easy, and it needs much more work (I'm know only basic of GECK), then is there any chance that someone could create such a modification? :)

I'll be really greatfull both for help in no. 1 and no. 2 question/request. Only thing that i need to fully enjoy this great game, is my old good doggy mate beside me. :wink:

Yeah, it's pretty easy. You would just have to replace the model of Rex in the GECK with a dog's model. (I wouldn't copy Dogmeat's model from FO3, leagal issues and whatnot.) Then rename Rex to Dogmeat.

• 10 months later...

Yeah, it's pretty easy. You would just have to replace the model of Rex in the GECK with a dog's model. (I wouldn't copy Dogmeat's model from FO3, leagal issues and whatnot.) Then rename Rex to Dogmeat.

model is just a normal dog, and the textures etc are in the fnv-packages so wouldn't need to be copied.

but just like koolaidman said, i'm pretty sure i've already seen that done.

p.s.: and for one possible reason why dogmeat isn't in fnv: it's just i guess 4 years after fo3, in the game i mean, so this would rise pretty many questions, like is this the same dog, how did it get to the other coast of the us, why didn't it age or why did it (depending)... :-)

what i'd have rather had from fo3 than dogmeat, i'd really have liked to meet some of the little lamplight kids in their grown versions, esp the little nuka freak with the weird hat, would've become quite some funny adolescent i think :-)

and bittercup. just my kinda girl... :-)

model is just a normal dog, and the textures etc are in the fnv-packages so wouldn't need to be copied.

but just like koolaidman said, i'm pretty sure i've already seen that done.

p.s.: and for one possible reason why dogmeat isn't in fnv: it's just i guess 4 years after fo3, in the game i mean, so this would rise pretty many questions, like is this the same dog, how did it get to the other coast of the us, why didn't it age or why did it (depending)... :-)

what i'd have rather had from fo3 than dogmeat, i'd really have liked to meet some of the little lamplight kids in their grown versions, esp the little nuka freak with the weird hat, would've become quite some funny adolescent i think :-)

and bittercup. just my kinda girl... :-)

That last line was kind of odd...especially if your an adult o_O

That last line was kind of odd...especially if your an adult o_O

what, about bittercup being my kind of girl...? man, she's no little lamplighter, she was from bigtown, and there was a mod for fo3 that made her a companion, so you could always have her around nagging how crap life is. reminded me very much of an ex-girlfriend of mine... :-)

edit: there you go with dogmeat, as contained in the cafe of broken dreams mod (just has dogmeat and jericho though, no bittercup 4 me... )

Edited by stevie70

I miss Beware of Girl(BlackBlossoms) Bittercup comp. I really liked her..Bittercup would be around 18 i imagine xD

Between her and Willow your set :P

EDIT,Willow does give you a dog who looks like Dogmeat.Well I wont spoil it :P

Edited by Azrael120782

Sad thing but everybody knows that we won't find old Dogmeat in new Fallout. Instead of him, creators give us Rex "The Mighty Cyberdog"... From first to third Fallout, my only companion was Dogmeat... Sad that they didn't add normal one this time. So I have two questions:

1. Is there any "easy" method to add old Dogmeat to FNV and play with him as an normal, not-humanoid companion? Or just replace the Rex cyberdog model with the Dogmeat model?

2. If this isn't so easy, and it needs much more work (I'm know only basic of GECK), then is there any chance that someone could create such a modification? :)

I'll be really greatfull both for help in no. 1 and no. 2 question/request. Only thing that i need to fully enjoy this great game, is my old good doggy mate beside me. :wink:

Dogmeat reskin and rename of Rex (NPCs will still refer to him as Rex): http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37327

Dogmeat at beginning of game, but lacks a companion wheel, as the description mentions: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35739

This mod seems to be adding FO3 followers to NV. Dogmeat is ready, from what I've read: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37948

Hope you find what you're looking for. :) I loved Dogmeat, only it would've been nice if he hadn't have attacked the Super Mutant Behemoth that time in FO3 when I fired the Fat Man for the first time...right in the back of the head as he lunged at the mutant. =(

Edited by lemonfan1