Wrye Bash not starting

NoNamesLeft

Screw this! i've done everything you said! i've done tried everything in the read me... Screw wrye s***....

Any way to get FCOM without this crappy s***?

Well that's a piss poor attitude. Especially when people have offered multiple ways to troubleshoot your problem. My last post is very detailed and clear on what you should do. You ask for help, we provide it, you ignore it.

You say you have done everything we said but clearly you haven't. I requested a Bug Dump in my last post yet you didn't post one. So I have to assume you're ignoring any other advice I gave you. And probably other information. Until you follow the above steps and post the results nothing more can be done.

And no FCOM will not work without Wrye Bash. Enjoy.

Screw this! i've done everything you said! i've done tried everything in the read me... Screw wrye s***....

You get a strike for trying to bypass the language filter. No charge for the attitude - this time. I'll chalk it up to frustration.

Nearly a million people use Wrye Bash - it works for them. Maybe the problem is somewhere else (hint)

And As Smooth613 said, If you want FCOM you MUST learn to use FCOM - No other way. BTW, I have heard it doesn't play well with some pirated versions.

Bben46, Moderator

Ok... sry for the last post. I had spent countless hours trying to get i to work, and when not even the bug dump worked i just got mad.

I just went back to OBMM installed MMM, OOO and various other mods, and now it works well.

My point is that I just want to say thanks for trying to help, and sorry again for being rude.

Peace out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Wrye bash and Python. I've checked several places and been googling for the last 2 hours, but i cant seem to find i fix for my problem.

Wrye Bash just dosent start... And in the file type it says (python file (no console)...

Help anyone? :(

try getting the updated Python. 289 and 290, installed in that order, worked for me. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368

I hear you man. I also have windows 7 and tried everything on the readme without any success. I am convinced that Wrye Bash will never work for my game.

I hear you man. I also have windows 7 and tried everything on the readme without any success. I am convinced that Wrye Bash will never work for my game.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit and it works fine for me. Actually I have Oblivion and Wrye Bash installed on two win7 systems - one with UAC security turned off (not networked) and a default install location; and the other with full UAC and an alternate install location. Both work happily. Really, it is possible to do...

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit and it works fine for me. Actually I have Oblivion and Wrye Bash installed on two win7 systems - one with UAC security turned off (not networked) and a default install location; and the other with full UAC and an alternate install location. Both work happily. Really, it is possible to do...

Did you have any trouble getting it to work? When I tried (for a long time) to install Wrye Bash there were problems within problems :( I was also frustrated when I could not do what the readme casually tells me to. I had a similar issue with "Godrays" but after some struggling it worked ok. I guess after what you said I should give Wrye Bash another try sometime . Thanks!

Did you have any trouble getting it to work? When I tried (for a long time) to install Wrye Bash there were problems within problems :( I was also frustrated when I could not do what the readme casually tells me to. I had a similar issue with "Godrays" but after some struggling it worked ok. I guess after what you said I should give Wrye Bash another try sometime . Thanks!

I've installed several different versions of Wrye Bash. The only non-windows-security related problem that I had was when I installed WryePython03 (no-a) and found that part of the installer was broken and I had to manually run the installer for wxpython. That defect was fixed in WryePython03a. Otherwise, I usually run into "should I or shouldn't I run as administrator" and remember to create and modify the bash.ini file.

EDIT: Also, I always install from the archive releases of WryeBash - never the exe installer.

I've installed several different versions of Wrye Bash. The only non-windows-security related problem that I had was when I installed WryePython03 (no-a) and found that part of the installer was broken and I had to manually run the installer for wxpython. That defect was fixed in WryePython03a. Otherwise, I usually run into "should I or shouldn't I run as administrator" and remember to create and modify the bash.ini file.

EDIT: Also, I always install from the archive releases of WryeBash - never the exe installer.

Thanks Shadowfen! I will try to install again (as soon as I have some time) paying extra attention to your posts and the other posts on this thread. Then I will write the outcome here for any other members that may be facing similar problems.