Buttstocks as meele weapon

GLORYaDEATH

Hi guys i got a kind of neat idea for mod that i am planing to do, i would like to take a weapon as a 9mm gun for exampl and use is as meele weapons (like Joshua Graham did in HH) With the onehanded weapons there is no problem but i got a problem when it comes to twohanded weapons as huntung rifle have a look at the pics and tell me if you got any idea how to fix it :smile: have a great day :)

Edited by GLORYaDEATH

Hi guys i got a kind of neat idea for mod that i am planing to do, i would like to take a weapon as a 9mm gun for exampl and use is as meele weapons (like Joshua Graham did in HH) With the onehanded weapons there is no problem but i got a problem when it comes to twohanded weapons as huntung rifle have a look at the pics and tell me if you got any idea how to fix it :smile: have a great day :smile:

You re-position it in nifskope or blender (there are quite a few tutorials out there that will walk you through it). It's do-able if you want it swung like a baseball bat. You can hotkey it to swap out the weapon (firearm) for modified rifle melee weapon and attack/strike, via a single tap of the hotkey....done via script. Cipscis did a good hotkey script tutorial.

I'v been wanting to add a butt smash for a rifle to a perk tree (path of the gunslinger, aka dark tower), but there's no real amimation that I'v come across that simulates a strike in that way :sad:

hey man, not cool. i made a thread yesterday asking for the same thing

Huh?

Well i am sorry then :sad: i am just trying to get some help to finish this mod...

Don't sweat it, I'm not sure why TheBlob woudl be complaining. You didn't violate any of nexus's etiquette (you didn't do anything wrong).

Thank you for the reply you know i have a quitebad luck when it comes to forums :smile: so i am rather keeping low Iill give a try to the tutorial

Sorry to hear that brother

although i am complete newbie when it comes to scripting :smile:

You probably won't need to do any scripting for the basic scenario you gave in your first post (it's just a new weapon form). But don't import the other nodes when you import the nif into blender (or animations). Most of the time they don't do anything, but you don't need a projectile node or a sighting node etc for a melee weapon. And at least once, a user of a mod I made noticed (what I think were) sighting node issues when I rigged a rifle as a armor piece.