Alternating Terminal Screens

Demeggy

Evening all.

So I've been sat scratching my head for the past few weeks trying to fathom if it's at all possible to alternate the New Vegas Robco terminal menus ingame (i.e. differing terminal screens per terminal).

There's no direct way of changing the model via script (setmodelpath from NVSE would apply to the terminal world object rather than the screen itself).

Now in honesty, I havent checked the .xml files that determine the menu screens, so I may start there... but is anyone experienced with NVSE aware of a way we can modify external files via GECK scripting?

D

You might be able to change it, there are a few places in the xml where .nif files are pointed to. You would need to set up an IO variable and some other stuff in order to make it actually work though, plus modifying the appropriate menu file to support that new var.

It is also possible to change the info shown in the terminal, to show different header info.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Useful_Scripts#Terminals

You might be able to change it, there are a few places in the xml where .nif files are pointed to. You would need to set up an IO variable and some other stuff in order to make it actually work though, plus modifying the appropriate menu file to support that new var.

It is also possible to change the info shown in the terminal, to show different header info.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Useful_Scripts#Terminals

Cheers buddy, snifter of hope there so I'll crack on with investigating it. I'm thinking of creating duplicate /xml files, each with differing .nif paths, then controlling which .xml is utilised via script... although as I type I'm not confident that in particular is feasible.

Thanks for the header info, had that in a while now. It's a shame it's no easier to modify the menu screens, for modding purposes they can be bloomin' immersion breaking.