Treat Alistair like DiNozzo from NCIS?

XTR3M368

Does anyone else want to pull a "Gibbs" by walking up and smacking the back of Alistair's head like Gibbs does to DiNozzo on NCIS? Alistair has always reminded me of DiNozzo....and my palm itches constantly when Alistair talks lol.

maybe....or....maybe that was just my surprise at your RPG gameplay ideas. I think I will just stick with the "Gibbs style" slap to the back of the head and leave the.....other stuff... to you. :tongue:

My motivation wasn't driven by the thought of actually performing the act as it was in the reaction it would have received. Al can be a prissy little prude at times :wink: Your way is disrespectful and mean, my way is disrespectful, mean, disgusting and funny (unless you are Alistair.)

That is funny you think "my method" is "disrespectful and mean". I find that in both cases, it is oddly appropriate given the context of both the PC's relationship with Alistair and Gibbs' relationship with Tony. In both cases there is respect in both directions. Tony does his job well and Alistair makes the hard choices when necessary...even to the point of offering and following through with sacrificing his own life at the end. Both Tony and Alistair can be irritating as hell with their banter and a "fatherly crack on the back of the head" would be a funny addition like a "familiar pat on the fanny with a wink" would to Morrigan or Leliana in the right stage of the relationship. Done in the right context, either would not be a "relationship breaker" IMO, but more dependent on where the relationship was at that time. For example, if the romance with Morrigan was already in full blossom, her "capricious nature" lines could be punctuated with a pat on the bum and a "get in the tent woman" and still get positive results with Morrigan's personality quirks IMO.

funny the different types of reactions people get while playing this....

The only thing I have to add about "your.....idea..." is I would tell the person thinking of perpetrating such an "act"....."You walk over, but you are limping back" :biggrin:

My biggest problem with Alistair is that he can't take what he dishes out. He's got a sarcastic or acidic comment for almost everyone and everything, but just YOU try giving him a half-joking reply!

"Alistair disapproves -3" is the most likely result. Sometimes worse! :laugh:

My biggest problem with Alistair is that he can't take what he dishes out. He's got a sarcastic or acidic comment for almost everyone and everything, but just YOU try giving him a half-joking reply!

Also very much like DiNozzo.....He always gets :unsure: :blink: looks on his face after they get him back lol.