Floating University

Lehcar

Please help... lately I've noticed some bugs with terrain textures being weird, seemingly displaced, but that didn't cause an actual problem.

But now I'm the Path of Dawn quest, and I cannot get into the Arcane University because it's floating 15 feet up in the air.

I tried disabling a bunch of different mods that I thought might be causing it, but it didn't work. Uni is still borked.

Here is my list of active mods...

Oblivion.esm

EnhancedWeather.esm

Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

Harvest[Containers].esm

Kvatch Rebuilt.esm

Better Cities Resources.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

RaceFrameWork.esm

VampireFaceBugFix

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Better Cities .esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

EnhancedWeather.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp

Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp

Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

CharGenAmulet.esp

ClocksOfCyrodiil_BC_OBC_OC_OCLR_Vanilla.esp

P1DseeYouSleep.esp

VA_BetterGold.esp

Harvest[Containers].esp

Crowded Cities 15.esp

Crowded Roads.esp

BrotherhoodRenewed.esp

Dark Brotherhood Sanctuaries.esp

GwedenBrothel.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

DBContinuedBeta 0.7.esp

VaultsofCyrodiilBC.esp

Whispered Warning.esp

The Mystery of the Dulan cult.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

ArgonianSwiftSwim - Leopard.esp

fadingtorches v1.3b.esp

SkycaptainsBloodTime.esp

Quest Award Leveling.esp

Quest Award Leveling - Finger of the Mountain.esp

StartChoices.esp

LTDVampireOverhaul.esp

Circ Vamp Aesthetics.esp

Vampire Aging Disabled 2 XYoung.esp

FasterArrows200.esp

RshAlchemy.esp

RshAlchemyRecipes.esp

sycHearNoEvil.esp

Deadly Reflex 5 - Timed Block and 250% damage.esp

DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp

RealisticLeveling.esp

BulkyOrcs.esp

Slof's Oblivion Better Beasts.esp

Better Cities Full.esp

Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp

Better Imperial City.esp

Francesco's day lenght rescale 1-12.esp

Real Lava 1.3.esp

Oblivion Graphics Extender Support.esp

Streamline 3.0.esp

SmeDisguise.esp

HumanBlood.esp

Non Aggression Wolves.esp

Better Food.esp

NoEncumberance.esp

TML_InfiniteCharges.esp

VFBF Quicksave.esp

SummitmistRedone.esp

Slofs Horses + Horse Ownership.esp

Enhanced Economy - Soulgems.esp

Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp

Alluring Wine Bottles.esp

DBED - 7 murders Level delay.esp

DBC.esp

DBSRebuilt + Abandoned House Renewed.esp

Bellamont's Shrine.esp

Wearable Amulet of Kings.esp

Good Xarxes.esp

Improved Races Combined.esp

Abandoned Village.esp

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9616/screenshot0xy.png

GIve folks some time to find and then digest this, Lehcar. You aren't necessarily being ignored just because nobody has responded to your posts. It could be that nobody who has read this thread has a clue what's wrong (I certainly don't) and when that's the case most people don't pop in to say "Sorry, I can't help you." They just move on to another thread where they can be of some help.

Short answer: Missing Meshes.

You're missing a mesh, or meshes. That's what that yellow sign on your screen indicates. There is nothing wrong with the placement of the Arcane University, you're missing the steps and walking area that goes around it, ALL the way around it. In the Vanilla game there are purple lights and a set of steps with a walkaround stone wall where the gates and the missing mesh indicator are. You need to find the missing mesh and replace it.

I notice you have Better Cites installed, read on.

Any mod that alters the AU area, like Better Cities, is likely the culprit. Either you didn't install them correctly or the game hasn't been 'told' to use the new meshes and textures. You know this is mod related since the vanilla meshes are stored in a BSA located in the Data folder. - Oblivion - Meshes.bsa If you have properly installed the additional meshes and textures for Better Cities, or other mods, you need to look at Archive Invalidation and use BSA Redirection. Archive Invalidation tells the game to use newly added material. Both Wrye Bash and OBMM have BSA Redirection built in as options.

Many mods that add additional meshes, textures, and animations need Archive Invalidation to recognize the changes. Otherwise the game will continue to look in the Vanilla BSA's to draw information. But if an ESP redirects the resources to another folder other than the vanilla BSA you'll end up with missing meshes.

In your case you have an ESP, Better Cities, telling the game to use a Mesh that either isn't there, or isn't recognized. Therefor you get the WTF, I'm missing a mesh sign.

Here is a screenshot of what should be there.

Arcane University

That much is obvious, especially after you posted your image, Smooth613. Unless it's something to do with a borked install of Better Cities, though, I can't imagine what mod might have caused this. I think what I might do in this case is to disable Better Cities then do a clean save and try it, again. If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped.

As Smooth613 said, the necessary meshes and textures are in a .bsa file, so there's no way they could have been inadvertently erased or overwritten. They're still there. You just have to find the mod that's causing the problem and that might involve deactivating everything and then activating them one at a time. Use BOSS to insure you have an acceptable load order, too, although, again, nothing immediately jumps out that could cause this issue.

I tryed using the BSA redirection utility in OBMM but it didn't work, I don't know why the mesh is missing. I'm 100% sure I installed it properly. And I'm sure I have no other mods that touch the imperial city or any of the stair meshes...

I tryed using the BSA redirection utility in OBMM but it didn't work, I don't know why the mesh is missing. I'm 100% sure I installed it properly. And I'm sure I have no other mods that touch the imperial city or any of the stair meshes...

By that logic it would work then, so no something is still missing.

Are you by chance using Vista or Win 7? UAC can sometimes create problems for mods but I'm doubting this is the case or you would have many other problems with the amount of mods you have installed. You can turn off UAC temporarily to eliminate the possibility.

So something IS missing, disable Better Cities and then reenter the AU. Let me know how that goes.