Floating University

Lehcar

Did you do a clean save before trying this? Sometimes problems are cached in the save game and still show up, even though they've actually been fixed. I had this problem when I uninstalled Frostcrag Reborn it it totally borked Frostcrag Tower -- most of it wasn't there. Reinstalling the Wizard's Tower DLC didn't help, either. It wasn't until I reverted to a much earlier save game (before Frostcrag Reborn) that the problem disappeared.

Did you look at the Better Cities plugin of the AU or the Vanilla AU? Vanilla of course will show up just fine, since it draws resources from the vanilla meshes BSA. Make sure you have the Better Cities plugin set as 'Active" when viewing in the CS. If the CS shows everything correctly then it's an Archive Invalidation problem. The CS draws from the same resources as the game itself. So if the CS found the resources (meshes) they are in the correct places. If the game will not recognize it, it's related to Archive Invalidation. BSA Redirection needs updated.

You can try a previous save game or start a new character and see if the problem is the same. This will rule out something being 'stuck' in your save file.

If you still can't get it to work then yes, the next step is to uninstall, clean save, reinstall, update Archive Invalidation. Read the article I previously linked you to on Dev/Akm's site for more information on Archive Invalidation and BSA Redirection.

Wild guesses, here, so you don't have to do a complete re-install.

• Clocks of Cyrodiil: Does it change anything in the vicinity of the missing mesh?

Better Imperial City: If that's not part of Better Cities, then I'd disable that and see what happens.

Vaults of Cyrodiil: I know nothing about this, but if it alters anything in the vicinity of the AU then I'd disable that one, too.

**May want to skip to my edit down below. I did some digging around, check it out.

Clocks is not the cause, I have this mod. It simply adds little clocks to various places to indicate d/m/y etc.

The only 2 hits I get from Nexus on "Better Imperial City" concerns the Market District and the Waterfront Shack. So either the plugin is related to Better Cities OR one of these mods which should not alter the AU.

By reading the description on Vaults it only alters the Market District in the IC, nothing about the AU.

Something is not adding up here. The story is not complete. If no other mod in your LO alters the AU, I don't see any directly, then the problem HAS to be one of two things. Improper installation or Archive Invalidation. That's the only possible solutions.

Do me a favor, deactivate Better Cities, ALL of it, then go to the AU and let me know what happens. Be sure to completely deactivate Better Cities in it's entirety. You don't have to delete anything, just deactivate the ESPs in your Mod Manager of choice. If the AU is still screwy without Better Cities then deactivate ALL of your ESPs and go check the AU with no active mods. Let me know how that goes.

**It's DEFINITELY related to Better Cities. Look at these two screenshots. THIS ONE is the BC version, notice the walkway and such. Now look at The Vanilla version. See the difference? The walkway you are missing from vanilla is part of the BC edit I'm sure. Notice how the towers overlap the walkway just a bit. In your pic I can see the two additional towers added by BC so it's partially installed, just not fully. By comparing all three screenshots you can clearly see what's added by BC, the Vanilla version, then what you're missing. I'm telling you it's BC improperly installed or BSA Redirection. Either way following the steps I listed above will let you know for sure.

PS: I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes and won't be back until late so if you can reply soon I can try to help more. If not I'll check back in about 5 hours.

Did you read my entire post above? It would seem not, I mentioned the process you need to follow. I cannot help you further until you follow the troubleshooting steps I've already listed. Here's an exert.

Do me a favor, deactivate Better Cities, ALL of it, then go to the AU and let me know what happens. Be sure to completely deactivate Better Cities in it's entirety. You don't have to delete anything, just deactivate the ESPs in your Mod Manager of choice. If the AU is still screwy without Better Cities then deactivate ALL of your ESPs and go check the AU with no active mods. Let me know how that goes.

Ah Ha! You are correct. It's been so long since I installed Clocks, and I don't use Better Cities, that I had never noticed, nor payed attention to this from the CoC page...

- Any mod that replaces the Arcane University main plaza mesh WILL conflict with the clock at the entrance to the Lobby.

However the page also mentions...

* ATTENTION *

You can now download an ESP file that will replace the existing ESP file. This new one removes ALL REFERENCES to the Arcane University Worldspace and cells.

- Any mod that moves the ground level or buildings in the cities WILL conflict with this mod. (Better Cities) A patch will become available when V2 of this mod is complete.

And also this is now available, listed at the very top of CoC description page...

NOTE:

This mod (CoC v1.0) is now compatible with Bannana Splits Better Cities (BC v1.9.7). After downloading CoC, you will need to go over to the BC mod and download v1.9.7 and follow their inscrutions.

This information is listed in the compatibility section of the Better Cities Thread. So I was correct. It was a conflict concerning Better Cities. The moral of this story? Read the documentation for the mods you download! Especially the Installation and Compatibility sections! All of this could have been avoided.

I'm glad you got it worked out. With the information I just posted above you can add Clocks back to your game using the compatibility patches. :thumbsup: