need a flying vehicle mod?

arlix123

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

===SPOILER ALERT===

The Vertibird is the most plausible soution to a flying vehicle. I would think the best route would be to set up an NCR quest towards the end of the quest line that would get you an NCR Vertibird like the one the president flies in and then for those evil players do the same late quest for the Legion where maybe they discovered one back east and decide to give to you for your extraordinary deeds of service. And then lastly have one that Mr. House gives or Yes man gives that way no matter what route you take you get the vehicle but not until towards the last parts of the game because something as valuable as the vertibird should not be obtained until late game and you have to choose your side fully before you get one.

• 1 month later...

It would be really nice to have driveable vehicle.

I'm against ground vehicles because they don't work well, it's to hard to make one work properly with all collision things and bla bla bla...

Solution is to make flyable vehicle (like that vertibird), however vb has extra animations when rotating engines for hovering/flying mod, so i would suggest Mi-24 SAH , this advanced/upgaraded version looks kinda falloutish.

About weapons...player should be able to decide what to have: light machine gun or minigun and rockets (no inf ammo).

Some kind of quest would be nice NCR or BoS related, probably BoS since NCR guys aren't smart as BoS.

If BoS, quest could be added after finishing all BoS bunker quests.

For start it would be best to make vehicle just flyable, than later can come weapons, cargo (companions), upgarades, quest...

• 4 weeks later...
It would be really nice to have driveable vehicle.

I'm against ground vehicles because they don't work well, it's to hard to make one work properly with all collision things and bla bla bla...

Solution is to make flyable vehicle (like that vertibird), however vb has extra animations when rotating engines for hovering/flying mod, so i would suggest Mi-24 SAH , this advanced/upgaraded version looks kinda falloutish.

About weapons...player should be able to decide what to have: light machine gun or minigun and rockets (no inf ammo).

Some kind of quest would be nice NCR or BoS related, probably BoS since NCR guys aren't smart as BoS.

If BoS, quest could be added after finishing all BoS bunker quests.

For start it would be best to make vehicle just flyable, than later can come weapons, cargo (companions), upgarades, quest...

Actually, we can barely RUN with fallout's Gamebryo game engine.

Ground vehicles would be either a total disaster, or a hovering working one (like that truck upgrade/golden car from ol' vigilante 8²)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/U0JaxQpj9w0/0.jpghttp://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/extra/GAMES/large/vigi8sopsx_005-large.jpg

classic gamin. oh!

anyway. about the flying vehicle or the Mi-24. My opinion is that there is already arlix's vertibird done, a Mi-24 would be too much work. Sure it would be totally awesome to have battlefield1942-style gameplay where you pilot while your companion sit as gunner or vice versa with quests and all.

But it would require a huuuuge team to work on such mod.

=/

Well. For now, the vertibird would be great! =)

But if someone really put interest on another heli proj, its good to remember there is a whole bunch of public-domain 3d models ready and free for use on the internet. From the simplest one to the most complex projs.

01.jpg?1251149663http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2044/mi24_2.jpg

(pics are only illustrative)

Edited by annluan

Can't say anything about the FO3 mod of yours as I didn't play it on the Pc at least. I probably will, because FONV just doesn't seem to be as fun so far. Mind you I'm not far in because I play with so many mods... I can say from your FO3 mod's videos it looked great. That said I have tested 2 vertibirds one that was pilotable and very similar to yours both of them were very buggy for me I am about to test the falcon one now. I have a hover board that works well enough if you can look past clipping issues, which I'm guessing will also occur with any vehicle mod flying or not as it is an engine problem or so I have read from readmes from other modders. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as long as its not as buggy as the pilotable one that is on the nexus now it would be a welcome addition. Personaly though I would much rather see a mod that cleans up some major roads not all by any means and adds a drivable Corvega and or Bike.

I think serchlight got some potential. There is a small jet there that looks the part, or you could just add the vertibird there.

Also some more modern pilot gear would be nice such as a hard helmet and a g-suit. Example of possible helmets below;

http://www.fuhs.de/en/helmet/index.shtml

The "Breather" mask, and its variable mods do just great there. Only a helmet would be required.

At the other hand, im just ok with a Chinese Stealth Suit variable (mod) that I found, it would do just fine as a Pilot Suit.

=)

I was actually planning something similar for my airship mod; the Ethereal Evanescence would essentially be a flying presidential suite for the player, and the onboard Vertiberd would allow the player to travel between various locations and could even perform airstrikes with remotely activated, manually placed beacons (like C4) or using a Gauss rifle that fires a timed beacon. If I get the EE mod up and running, could I use this vertiberd mod in it?