Instant Death & Extreme Loading

codepoet

thanks a lot codepoet.

i will try this later.

right now im just exploring and trying to get a feel for the game, and keeping well away from primm, lol.

on my next play i will try this and hopefully it works.

thanks again.

I had the same problem leaving the Docs after he patched me up openthe door, bang, and a headless body collapses, and the game loops the death scene. If its not a bug Ill eat my hat, because its happened a number of time. opena door to go outside and bang your dead. Solution ~TGM 'toggle god mode' because when you step outsided TGM'd there are no enemies to be seen, and no indication of any in detection range. None visible through binoculars or the sniper rifle scope and if you use ~TCl and walk up into the sky, there are appear to be none hidding on roof tops behind boulders or any where a snipper might be within the game physics for a rifle shot. It's not an expolsive trap because it would still go off TGM'd. The same applies for a sniper shooting the round would still come your way, but do nothing.

So what do we do SUBMIT Bug reports until Bethesda fixes it. That is of course if you Internet account has the download limit availbility to accept Steam updates. Steam has killed mine for two months now updating my Half-Life 2 installation and it still has 1.5 Gybytes to go to fully update the HL2 Package. Another story. Bethesda lost my vote when they went Steam for this game, One day past release date (received 22OCT and Installed that day) and I needed a 220 mbyte download before I could play it. It stil has bugs, but losing your head from walking through a door really kills the enjoyment of the game. PS if you want to change from the default body, there are some early release efforts based on Dimon T3, and all you have to do is copy the Exnem meshes (_male) and Textures Female and raider and Exnem body works. I stiil have to work through the clothes and costumes, becauses of what T3 clothing skeleton does to the Exnem skin. For those of you who have any experience a T3 skeleton in T3 Clothing will turn the Exnem body skin *.DDS Upside down and back to front. So only T3 clothing where exposed skin is visible that looks ok, is clothing that covers the torso ie high neck to knee with boots up to the knee. Still working through what works and what will not. Still on my list are faces, hair, eyes and cosmatics, because the out of the box character sprites are tragically lacking.

Cheers,

DragonAviator

wow, you got the bug that early.

at least i was able to play until i was closing in on primm.

the exploding head bug right when you step out of the docs house, lol that sucks big time.

and yeah i have also checked everything to see if there was a sniper or some kind of wire trap that surrounds primm, but no.

it cant be a landmine as i first thought, because it only blows youre head off, a mine would probably blow youre legs off first.

this bug looks like a sniper shot to the head (or a grenade in youre mouth) that takes youre head clean off and leaves the body intact.

i will eat my hat aswell (even though i dont use hats, i will buy a hat put it on and then eat it) if this is not a bug.

hopefully game developers will see this and release a fix for it soon.