Request for Beta testers on Silatari

glowplug

After many months of development I have released version 2.50 of The Isles of Silatari - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32941

The mod has five quests as part of the main one and should take around 4-6 hours of gameplay.

I found it difficult to research Ayleids and in the end made them 6 to 7 foot tall, swarthy and green/yellow haired.

I would like to extend this to include a playable Ayleid race.

While I have done extensive break testing I am sure there are things I have not considered.

As mentioned in the Description the quest logic should point your compass the whole way other than some mazes and obstacles.

This is what worries me as if that breaks then you are fairly stuffed until you stumble across the next switch/door.

In some cases that won't even work.

I am looking for beta testers to break test and give me feedback.

Greg

Are there any specific areas-- beside quest logic-- you're concerned about? (proof reading / dialogue, combat balance, lore-friendliness, etc)

I actually have a pretty good-sized block of time on my hands this weekend, and could probably give you an initial report by, say, midnight US Central time, this Monday.

Good points.

I am open to any constructive criticism althought the key points I think are...

* Combat balance - I think the final stage is hard but not too hard, maybe there should be a few more battles before this.

* Story line - I've provided quest messages, screen text and messageboxes while trying not to interupt gameplay too much.

You are given scrolls that should explain in detail but I suspect many won't read them.

I can't think of where I could add more NPCs for dialogue that would be of any real use than to spoil the flow of the game.

* Lore friendliness - I did not find much information on Ayleids other than they were similar to High Elves, 6-7 foot tall and swarthy with green hair. Green looked terrible on Sepredia so I tried to make their hair golden yellow.

For the rest of it they have been in isolation since before the time of Queen Alessia - anything could have happened, rocket ships, high risers, nuclear war or even Lor Cola (black fizzy drink).

So as you can see I am now stuck in a tunnel of vision where I am not thinking outside of the square.

Thank you NellSpeed and I look forward to your feedback should you get the time to test.

You may want to check out the beta testing guild on tesalliance.org. There might be somebody there that would like to test your stuff.

Thank you, I'll start an account there and ask.

A handful of quick notes, after getting through the first stage of gameplay (spoke to the mage at the Arcane U, continuing on).

I'll note one possible problem right from the start-- I almost never do the main quest, myself, and I know I'm not the only one (for some of us, it doesn't suit the character we're playing; others are just bored by it). Linking the start of your main quest to delivering the amulet to Jauffre might discourage some players.

The safe storage chest was a really nice touch.

I'm lousy at combat, so no matter how easy it is, I'm likely to be challenged... except that I'm running through this with a companion who takes the worst of the damage.

I loved the underwater level (I won't name it here, so I won't spoil it for anyone else)-- gorgeous work! I was sorry it couldn't be more brightly lit-- and the island with the statue-- again, beautifully done.