Wont Let Me Use Console Commands?

Darbleangry

Whenever while in game when it is not paused and I press the `,~ it wont let me get into the console command menu. Is it because of Steam or are there no console commands in FONV? Note: I tried both ` and ~ seperately. What is the issue?

Have u tried uninstalling the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver?? If not then that's the problem.

I have vague memories of people having this issue with Vista and Fallout 3 but don't' remember specifics as I was using Xp and didn't' pay attention

as XP had no issue like this.

I think the above poster has it right though. Had something to do with that infrared thingie.

My windows 7 64 here isn't having that issue.

Hope ya find a fix cause living without Console command and Fallout would be painful.

does the game pause after u hit "~" ?

if so... it could be the console text position pops up outside the screen on the left just like in fallout 3 on larger resolutions. (if u dont think this is the case then nvm)

you can fix this if u go into the falloutprefs.ini file (fallout.ini tends to reset so dont bother with this) and find iConsoleTextXPos=30 and change it to a larger vallue. for example if you are playing on 1280x1024 change it to ConsoleTextXPos=200 to make the console line appear nicely at the bottom left of your screen.

hope this works

• 4 years later...