Mod Advice

SirDragonbait

Hey guys I would like to ask anyone where for a good list of mods that i should use to play the game. These two links are very much in the way my wife and I like our game too look.

I was hoping the characters were downloadable or something. That being said is there a compilation mod that includes this general look and feel with these armor and weapons? After fallout 3 i worry about mods clashing so I was hoping for advice getting started as there are about million mods for this game ><

do i need to use both boss & obss as well as the mod manager.

http://ludicrousmods.com/ <-- armor and weapons

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13437 <--- character looks / clothing / armor

Thank you for time

DB

This is the list of mods I use with every character.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul by Oscuro, dev_akm, MadCat221.

Not just a 'creature-adding' mod, not just a 'difficulty' mod, not just a 'gameplay-tweaking' mod, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is actually one of the finest finest roleplaying mods around. Martigen's Monster Mod by Martigen, Corepc Dev_Akm Shadowborn is the perfect complement to Oscuro, adding much-needed spontaneity to Oscuro's static world. Crank Martigen's mod all the way up and Oblivion will feel as wonderfully unpredictable as an MMO. These mods are so inseparable to me I count them as one.

DarNified UI by, of course, DarN.

This essential mod goes a long way toward making Oblivion's consolized interface useable. Configurable from within the game via a menu. I modify it with one of Luchaire's re-colorings, either Dark Blue or Black and Gold. I also use Map - Road and Trails by WillieSea and X Marks the Spot by Badmagic to enliven the map with color and to replace what I consider to be ugly map markers with more aesthetically pleasing X's.

nGCD by tejon, or Realistic Leveling bu ABO.

Two excellent character-levelling mods that do away with stat management, excel spreadsheets, visits to Wiki pages, etc, to research "builds". With these mods a player can just play and let a mod handle leveling seamlessly and invisibly in the background. I tend to prefer RL but I am using nGCD in my current game and am very impressed.

Progress by tejon.

This mod allows the player to control the speed of advancement of each skill. Easily configurable via an .ini.

Willful Resistance by tejon. Willpower again has an affect on the player's vulnerability to magic, as in previous ES games.

Running Revised by Deathless Aphrodite.

Makes the player lose fatigue when running. When the player's fatigue hits 0 he starts to walk. Also allows the player to sprint for a brief time.

Enhanced Economy by TheNiceOne.

Using this mod merchants' gold goes up and down with each trade. Also does away with the haggle slider (what a relief!) Allows the player to specify how much gold they recive from looting containers, enemies, as quest rewards, etc. All configurable via .ini.

Harvest Flora by Quarn and Dejunai.

Removes flowers from plants after you have picked them. This is a great little visual aid when picking many plants very close together.

ChaseCameraMod by Woodman, NoLoad by Tandem, Initial Glow by Soor, Sleep Rest Wait Any Time by b3w4r3, No Psychic Guards by Talonhoff and Run Speed Tweak by Pseron Wyrd are a collection of small tweak mods that I cannot bear to play without. Chase Camera Mod is essential to me because I play exclusively in third person and will quickly become nauseous without it; Bethesda went to great lengths to create the illusion of a seamless worl when they made Oblivion and then went and ruined it by spamming messages onto the player's screen everytime they enter a new cell, and No Load gets rid of that; Initial Glow gets rid of what I consider to be a very ugly 'plastic wrap' enchantment effect; Sleep Rest Wait Any Time, because no game has any business telling me when I can sleep, or where; No Psychic Guards tones down guards' clairvoyance a little bit; Run Speed Tweak slows down the base running/walking speed of the game to Morrowind's running/walking speeds.

See You Sleep by mmmpld'

A fun little 'immersion' mod that allows the player to see their character use the same getting-into and getting-out-of bed animations used by NPCs.

Amazing Jump by RamyEnfant.

Adds a collection of new jump animations. The characters execute a cool Night-Elf-style forward roll with weapons sheathed and a variety of other jumps with different weapons drawn. I often jump just to watch these animations. I'm easily pleased.

Tamriel Travellers by CorePC.

Adds much-needed life to Cyrodiil's roads. The merchants are great if you like to spend extended time away from cities as I do. To this I add Crowded Roads Revisited by LazyAltmer. These two mods do a lot to make Cyrodiil a lot less lonely when travelling the roads. They also help fight, too, which has saved my character's life more than once when playing all these overhaul mods.

Better Cities by Bananasplit, Wolfslady, Reckless, SilentResident, Nernie, Vorians and Ismelda.

The way the cities of Tamriel should have looked. Spend hours wandering around like a tourist, awestruck at how different (and gorgeous) everything looks. Comes in modular form - you can choose to redo all of Cyrodiil's cities or just one. It's your choice. When I'm not using Better Cities I use Arthmoor's Open Cities, which tranfers the vanilla cities into the Cyrodiil worldspace, ala Morrowind. Wonderful for those of us who love to ride horses through town.

Natural Habitat by Max Tael.

This is one plugin in Max Tael's Natural Environments suite of mods. It adds several non-hostile flying animals such as birds and butterflies.

Morrowind Fog by Pseron Wyrd.

Oblivion's near-infinite view distance is ugly, in my opinion, and it also makes Cyrodiil feel much smaller than it ought to. This is my attempt to simulate Morrowind's fog. Combined with Run Speed Tweak, Cyrodiil feels as large and wonderfully mysterious as Vvardenfell once did.

Cyrodiil Travel Services by Arthmoor.

Adds Morrowind-style transport to the game. A nicely immersive touch.

24 Hour Arena Alive by WillieSea.

This little mod adds spectators (and tweaks their animations and clothes), allows the player to loot equipment, adds a bone clock, new posters and keeps the place open all night. I added a smith in my version, the only thing the mod lacked.

Animated Window Lighting System by XMarksTheSpot, Brumbek & Ismelda.

Another mod I can't play without anymore. It adds windows that turn off and on in synch with day/night cycles and also, optionally, smoke from chimneys. Comes with a nice variety of window color tints too.

Companion Vilja by Emma.

An Alchemist-oriented companion with a mind of her own (and, as a bonus, dialog voiced by Emma herself).

Wood Bows and Leather Armor by Brash.

A wonderful mod for anyone who loves light, ranger-ish amror and slightly more natural, non-fantasy-type bows. I also love the ranger camp just outside Weye (conflicts with Weye TICS, but not AFK Weye).

AFK_Weye by afk_dwip - or - Weye - The Imperial City Suburb by TamaraVico.

I tend to alternate these two mods, as I love them both. I absolutely and without equivocation adore Tamara's Weye mod - but it does come with a framerate hit. I just love her cramped medieval-looking alleys and its attention to detail. It is quite possibly my favorite town expansion mod for either Morrowind or Oblivion. The area occupied by dwip's mod is smaller and, thus, conflicts with fewer mods and also does not hurt framerates quite as much (in my experience). It comes with some interesting quests though and is also nicely-laid out.

Faregyl Village and Feldscar by Arthmoor.

Faregyl is a nice little farm south of the Imperial City. Feldscar is a wonderful village north of the Frostcrag area. Both are excellently crafted.

Stirk by The Tamriel Rebuilt Team.

Stirk is a small but highly detailed island in the Abecean Sea west of Anvil. Anyone who has seen what the multi-talented folks at Tamriel Rebuilt have done for Morrowind will know this is high-quality modding with an eye towards accuracy in matters of lore.

Tamriel Heightmaps by onra.

If you like to explore, this is the mod series for you. Replaces the 'placeholder' landscape of Valenwood and Elseweyre, Summerset Isles and Black Marsh with fully-realized, detailed terrain with pathgrids, ready to be modded. Which goes perfectly with:

Side's Sailing Ships by Side777.

Adds seven ships of varying sizes you can pilot around all this new coastline.

Elsweyr, the Deserts of Anequina by Iliana.

An ambitious project whose aim is to recreate the province of Elseweyr, home to Khajiits and, of course, Moon Sugar. Compatible with Tamriel Heightmaps.

Thanks a million for breaking it down for me that must have taken a long time! I really appreciate it. My wife and I will start there!

Thanks so much.

Are there any armor/clothing compilations out there that grp up outfits to fit one body type so I don't have to worry about downloading ones that dont support it. Having bad luck with the HGEC stuff people using different legs and cup sizes all the time and just listing it as HGEC compliant.

This is the list of mods I use with every character.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul by Oscuro, dev_akm, MadCat221.

Not just a 'creature-adding' mod, not just a 'difficulty' mod, not just a 'gameplay-tweaking' mod, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is actually one of the finest finest roleplaying mods around. Martigen's Monster Mod by Martigen, Corepc Dev_Akm Shadowborn is the perfect complement to Oscuro, adding much-needed spontaneity to Oscuro's static world. Crank Martigen's mod all the way up and Oblivion will feel as wonderfully unpredictable as an MMO. These mods are so inseparable to me I count them as one.

DarNified UI by, of course, DarN.

This essential mod goes a long way toward making Oblivion's consolized interface useable. Configurable from within the game via a menu. I modify it with one of Luchaire's re-colorings, either Dark Blue or Black and Gold. I also use Map - Road and Trails by WillieSea and X Marks the Spot by Badmagic to enliven the map with color and to replace what I consider to be ugly map markers with more aesthetically pleasing X's.

nGCD by tejon, or Realistic Leveling bu ABO.

Two excellent character-levelling mods that do away with stat management, excel spreadsheets, visits to Wiki pages, etc, to research "builds". With these mods a player can just play and let a mod handle leveling seamlessly and invisibly in the background. I tend to prefer RL but I am using nGCD in my current game and am very impressed.

Progress by tejon.

This mod allows the player to control the speed of advancement of each skill. Easily configurable via an .ini.

Willful Resistance by tejon. Willpower again has an affect on the player's vulnerability to magic, as in previous ES games.

Running Revised by Deathless Aphrodite.

Makes the player lose fatigue when running. When the player's fatigue hits 0 he starts to walk. Also allows the player to sprint for a brief time.

Enhanced Economy by TheNiceOne.

Using this mod merchants' gold goes up and down with each trade. Also does away with the haggle slider (what a relief!) Allows the player to specify how much gold they recive from looting containers, enemies, as quest rewards, etc. All configurable via .ini.

Harvest Flora by Quarn and Dejunai.

Removes flowers from plants after you have picked them. This is a great little visual aid when picking many plants very close together.

ChaseCameraMod by Woodman, NoLoad by Tandem, Initial Glow by Soor, Sleep Rest Wait Any Time by b3w4r3, No Psychic Guards by Talonhoff and Run Speed Tweak by Pseron Wyrd are a collection of small tweak mods that I cannot bear to play without. Chase Camera Mod is essential to me because I play exclusively in third person and will quickly become nauseous without it; Bethesda went to great lengths to create the illusion of a seamless worl when they made Oblivion and then went and ruined it by spamming messages onto the player's screen everytime they enter a new cell, and No Load gets rid of that; Initial Glow gets rid of what I consider to be a very ugly 'plastic wrap' enchantment effect; Sleep Rest Wait Any Time, because no game has any business telling me when I can sleep, or where; No Psychic Guards tones down guards' clairvoyance a little bit; Run Speed Tweak slows down the base running/walking speed of the game to Morrowind's running/walking speeds.

See You Sleep by mmmpld'

A fun little 'immersion' mod that allows the player to see their character use the same getting-into and getting-out-of bed animations used by NPCs.

Amazing Jump by RamyEnfant.

Adds a collection of new jump animations. The characters execute a cool Night-Elf-style forward roll with weapons sheathed and a variety of other jumps with different weapons drawn. I often jump just to watch these animations. I'm easily pleased.

Tamriel Travellers by CorePC.

Adds much-needed life to Cyrodiil's roads. The merchants are great if you like to spend extended time away from cities as I do. To this I add Crowded Roads Revisited by LazyAltmer. These two mods do a lot to make Cyrodiil a lot less lonely when travelling the roads. They also help fight, too, which has saved my character's life more than once when playing all these overhaul mods.

Better Cities by Bananasplit, Wolfslady, Reckless, SilentResident, Nernie, Vorians and Ismelda.

The way the cities of Tamriel should have looked. Spend hours wandering around like a tourist, awestruck at how different (and gorgeous) everything looks. Comes in modular form - you can choose to redo all of Cyrodiil's cities or just one. It's your choice. When I'm not using Better Cities I use Arthmoor's Open Cities, which tranfers the vanilla cities into the Cyrodiil worldspace, ala Morrowind. Wonderful for those of us who love to ride horses through town.

Natural Habitat by Max Tael.

This is one plugin in Max Tael's Natural Environments suite of mods. It adds several non-hostile flying animals such as birds and butterflies.

Morrowind Fog by Pseron Wyrd.

Oblivion's near-infinite view distance is ugly, in my opinion, and it also makes Cyrodiil feel much smaller than it ought to. This is my attempt to simulate Morrowind's fog. Combined with Run Speed Tweak, Cyrodiil feels as large and wonderfully mysterious as Vvardenfell once did.

Cyrodiil Travel Services by Arthmoor.

Adds Morrowind-style transport to the game. A nicely immersive touch.

24 Hour Arena Alive by WillieSea.

This little mod adds spectators (and tweaks their animations and clothes), allows the player to loot equipment, adds a bone clock, new posters and keeps the place open all night. I added a smith in my version, the only thing the mod lacked.

Animated Window Lighting System by XMarksTheSpot, Brumbek & Ismelda.

Another mod I can't play without anymore. It adds windows that turn off and on in synch with day/night cycles and also, optionally, smoke from chimneys. Comes with a nice variety of window color tints too.

Companion Vilja by Emma.

An Alchemist-oriented companion with a mind of her own (and, as a bonus, dialog voiced by Emma herself).

Wood Bows and Leather Armor by Brash.

A wonderful mod for anyone who loves light, ranger-ish amror and slightly more natural, non-fantasy-type bows. I also love the ranger camp just outside Weye (conflicts with Weye TICS, but not AFK Weye).

AFK_Weye by afk_dwip - or - Weye - The Imperial City Suburb by TamaraVico.

I tend to alternate these two mods, as I love them both. I absolutely and without equivocation adore Tamara's Weye mod - but it does come with a framerate hit. I just love her cramped medieval-looking alleys and its attention to detail. It is quite possibly my favorite town expansion mod for either Morrowind or Oblivion. The area occupied by dwip's mod is smaller and, thus, conflicts with fewer mods and also does not hurt framerates quite as much (in my experience). It comes with some interesting quests though and is also nicely-laid out.

Faregyl Village and Feldscar by Arthmoor.

Faregyl is a nice little farm south of the Imperial City. Feldscar is a wonderful village north of the Frostcrag area. Both are excellently crafted.

Stirk by The Tamriel Rebuilt Team.

Stirk is a small but highly detailed island in the Abecean Sea west of Anvil. Anyone who has seen what the multi-talented folks at Tamriel Rebuilt have done for Morrowind will know this is high-quality modding with an eye towards accuracy in matters of lore.

Tamriel Heightmaps by onra.

If you like to explore, this is the mod series for you. Replaces the 'placeholder' landscape of Valenwood and Elseweyre, Summerset Isles and Black Marsh with fully-realized, detailed terrain with pathgrids, ready to be modded. Which goes perfectly with:

Side's Sailing Ships by Side777.

Adds seven ships of varying sizes you can pilot around all this new coastline.

Elsweyr, the Deserts of Anequina by Iliana.

An ambitious project whose aim is to recreate the province of Elseweyr, home to Khajiits and, of course, Moon Sugar. Compatible with Tamriel Heightmaps.

Are you looking for armor to find on bodies, or placed in chests with no fees or quests, or to be found in stores? If the last, you might take a look at the Apachii Goddess Store, and the Apachii Heroes Store. Both use HGEC, but offer so much stuff that you're bound to find a number of things to fit your character. Plus, much of it is clearly labeled as to HGEC type. Worth a glance, in any case. Nearly all their contents are displayed online, in the images section of each mod.

I will definitely do that those stores look great. I will also try the tag search as that is a great way to narrow down the list. I've dl'd about 50 things already.

Is there a standard environment mod?

Are you looking for armor to find on bodies, or placed in chests with no fees or quests, or to be found in stores? If the last, you might take a look at the Apachii Goddess Store, and the Apachii Heroes Store. Both use HGEC, but offer so much stuff that you're bound to find a number of things to fit your character. Plus, much of it is clearly labeled as to HGEC type. Worth a glance, in any case. Nearly all their contents are displayed online, in the images section of each mod.

[/qu

I'm going to advise against the previous posters suggestion, it's known to be buggy. The weather gets stuck, or you'll get the "fast weather switch" bug eventually. Basically the weather changes every time you enter any menu or transition from interior to exterior cells. So don't use the weather system, Natural Weather, from Natural Environments**. Natural Environments and Arthur Natural Environments are both known to have the above mentioned problems. Maintenance and support for these mods has long been ceased. You can refer to Tomlong's site for other popular outdated mods.

I suggest you use a more up to date weather mod. I suggest Weather - All Natural as it's currently the most advanced and immersive weather mod to date. If for some reason you decide against All Natural then I'd recommend Enhanced Weather. It's a good alternative. Both All Natural and Enhanced Weather are still being maintained and developed.

**Note: You can still use the other components of Natural Environments; Natural Habitat, Natural Vegetation, and Natural Water are safe to use. Just don't use the weather system. Although there are also alternatives for the other components as well. Enhanced Vegetation and Enhanced Water 2.0 HD & Enhanced Water SI Addon are better alternatives in my opinion. However I still use Natural Habitat.

True. I've had a couple glitches with NE myself a couple times, including some that made the game nigh on unplayable (It started with purple butterflies, and things slowly started losing their textures until the entire sky was a block of purple. I'm still not sure how this happened =/) But in my experience, NE is still my preferred of the (admittedly limited) environment mods I've used.

I'm going to advise against the previous posters suggestion, it's known to be buggy. The weather gets stuck, or you'll get the "fast weather switch" bug eventually. Basically the weather changes every time you enter any menu or transition from interior to exterior cells. So don't use the weather system, Natural Weather, from Natural Environments**. Natural Environments and Arthur Natural Environments are both known to have the above mentioned problems. Maintenance and support for these mods has long been ceased. You can refer to Tomlong's site for other popular outdated mods.

I suggest you use a more up to date weather mod. I suggest Weather - All Natural as it's currently the most advanced and immersive weather mod to date. If for some reason you decide against All Natural then I'd recommend Enhanced Weather. It's a good alternative. Both All Natural and Enhanced Weather are still being maintained and developed.

**Note: You can still use the other components of Natural Environments; Natural Habitat, Natural Vegetation, and Natural Water are safe to use. Just don't use the weather system. Although there are also alternatives for the other components as well. Enhanced Vegetation and Enhanced Water 2.0 HD & Enhanced Water SI Addon are better alternatives in my opinion. However I still use Natural Habitat.

Can I install All Natural with Oblivion Mod Manager? Or do I have to use Wyre Bash?