The best race

Lehcar

I haven't used "Vanilla" for so long I don't even remember what vanilla looks like lol...

I am using the NBaio...just to give you guys my point of reference. I can almost say "vanilla anything" is not good visually appealing wise for me...the weapons were ugly...Adonnay helped with that... Dracomies saved us with the faces...ect. I like things to look they way I like them.....which more often coincides with what the modders release than the developer makes. Sticking with "lore looks" is OK I guess for "purists" but if you would like to change things and modders give you that ability....why not?

Dwarven men and women are extremely good looking and well proportioned (for their height and how Lore says their body structure is suppose to be), Elves are fine because they're naturally supposed to be on the skinny side, but IMO the human female model the shoulders are a bit too wide, making it look like all the human women are even more lacking in the hip and thigh department than they already are. And the men seem to have barrel waists... :wacko:

Dwarven men and women are extremely good looking and well proportioned

:blink: wow....I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that. :pinch:

I will agree that some of the body mods and some armors make the human females look how you say, but the dwarves have the same kind of issues...some of the armor makes them look as wide as they are tall.....and dwarven men have a VERY large mid section for how tall they are.....To me, they have always looked like a human that had a huge boulder crash down on their head and compress them into a weird stumpy body shape.

I have to say the most of my prejudice toward the DA Dwarf race is from that drunken lecher, Ohgren and the moronic dwarven politics too. Ohgren can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag (he is always the first to fall no matter what). I would probably have been more inclined to like them if the leader of the Dead Legion or any "normal dwarf" was the companion instead of a crude, stupid drunk....and your character could deal with the idiots in power in Orzammar.

i must say, i do prefare elves myself as well dwarves are as stated above, humans squished quite a bit with a large weight, my only real issue with the elves are their leg proportion to their torso, but yes mods have fixed that a bit and their legs arnt as small and flimsy looking now. but humans seem to have no difference in the size of their chest as they do their waist, making them as said by someone else rather barrel like, and this makes a lot of the armors themselves look stupid also, but throu a lot of mods this is all rectifiable, and you can really make any race as good looking as the others, so when im comparing my choice for race im going to do it solelly on the starting area and the quests which follow, and i have to say i do like the city elf one the most, then proberly dalish then human then dwarf, this is because of the quests and how they interact with the rest of the game, i myself found the dwarven starting quests didnt interact as well as i think they could have with the rest of the game, the human one, well only really the option of becoming queen or prince regiont, ie queens husband where the only things it created which had a real effect on the game, the dalish elf one didnt just interact with the rest of the game, a little like in other races ive covered but also a little with the expansion for morrigan and the eluvians, the mages again like the 1st two dont have that much of a interaction later on but its always fun to cast spell i guess, and the city elves yes again it doesnt react as much as the dalish elves one does for content wise, but i do like the way it changes the way the alienage gameplay slightly when you return the the alienage both before the landsmeet and during the siege with different dialog options with your olf friends.

And oh yes not forgetting, anyone but an elf doesnt look right when you bed Zev which i usually end up doing, my toons cant get enough of that assassin.

eh, say what you want but Humans are the race I loved and I allways will... :wub:

-but it doesnt mean that I dont like elves too - dwarfs hmm... somehow... no - I prefer Human even though they miss a character class, maybe even two... :ermm:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think dwarves are awesome.

DA elves are wimps and weaklings. The complete opposite of elves in the Elder Scrolls games... they suck. Very badly. Elves are not supposed to submit or be defeated by humans.Elves are supposed to be superior.

... but IMO the human female model the shoulders are a bit too wide, making it look like all the human women are even more lacking in the hip and thigh department than they already are... :wacko:

lol! :laugh: The BioWare Devs have already admitted a) that this happened, (essentially, they just pinched the waist and added breasts to the male body-models) and b) that they "fixed" it for DA2. The phrase used was, "No more man-shoulders and boy-hips."

DA elves are wimps and weaklings. The complete opposite of elves in the Elder Scrolls games... they suck. Very badly. Elves are not supposed to submit or be defeated by humans.Elves are supposed to be superior.

Maybe in your game, my elves scare Chuck Norris :whistling:

As for the human women, I could never get over the armor making it look like they have saggy old lady boobs so I never went on to critique the shoulders; they just seem to be placed a bit too low.