Remove Death

adembroski

I'm sure somebody's thought of this and it hasn't been practical, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Is it possible to script a death sequence that's more immersive? For instance, something that, rather than forcing a reload, transports you to the nearest medical facility and ticks off a couple of days, removes caps and equipment (to signify paying for the treatment and being looted while unconscious), and lets you go on from there? Perhaps an XP penalty as well.

I've installed so many mods just for the sake of immersion, but "dying" breaks it. Yes, I know, try not to die, and I do. But I'd much rather have something that realistically allows me to continue but penalizes me in some way so it still hurts.

Sorry, I don't really have an answer for you, as I am brand-new to modding, but I agree, that sounds like a great idea. I know there is a console command to teleport you to your house, so I imagine that there has got to be a way to make you teleport there, and decrease the amount of caps you have.

How you might do this I'm not sure.