NifSkope to G.E.C.K Troubles

AmplSi

So I have seen that there are very few NifSkope/GECK forums relating to just general difficulties, so I figured I'd make one, and start it off with a problem I encountered.

I am making a custom laser rifle, but I wanted to add something special to it. I went into NifSkope and added a laser rifle scope, and took pieces from a plasma rifle and a combat shotgun. I altered its textures and named the strings appropriately. The problem is, it doesn't show any of the additions (scope, etc) in its model when adding it to the G.E.C.K. Also, I tried adding a scope anyways in the weapon's menu in the G.E.C.K. but it came out net even showing anything when you zoomed in, as if it were being blocked by the gun itself. If anybody knows how to resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it if you helped a beginning modder out.

Edited by SmilingJack2

I wish I had an answer for you, man, because that weapon looks pretty rad.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you save the file in Nifskope, but I'm pretty sure you already did.

So I genuinely haven't a clue. But I'm gonna keep an eye on this post to see if anyone has an answer for you.

SmilingJack2 - Hello!

Looking at the images it seems you haven't attached the new parts to the BSFadeNode, it looks like they are sitting under it.

If new parts are added but not parented to the top BSFadeNode they will appear in Nifskope but not in game.

If you can click on the arrow next to your BSFadeNode, collapsing it's children Blocks, & your new parts are still there then they aren't attached properly.

Blocks 73 onwards appear to be unconnected in this way.

For any new pasted in part you need to Copy Branch it & then right click on the top BSFadeNode of the mesh you want to paste it into & Paste Branch.

You'll then see that the added part will be attached to the BSFadeNode, clicking the arrow next to the BSFadeNode will expand/collapse the new part with all the other parts.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

SmilingJack2 - Hello!

Great, Happy to have helped! :)

One thing I should mention, when you paste in parts to a mesh they often get renamed. Make sure the newly pasted in Blocks don't end up with the same name as the top BSFadeNode as this can cause crashes in game.

Best of luck with your new weapon.

Prensa