40mm ammo type requests

Gawl40

Craftable 40mm pulse grenade round

Craftable 40mm plasma grenade round

Craftable 40mm slug round

Craftable 40mm beanbag round (Instant KO)

Craftable 40mm buckshot round

I'm actually surprised that no one has made the first two yet, maybe it's too easy so no one bothered?

The buckshot one is the one I really want though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craftable 40mm pulse grenade round

Craftable 40mm plasma grenade round

Craftable 40mm slug round

Craftable 40mm beanbag round (Instant KO)

Craftable 40mm buckshot round

I'm actually surprised that no one has made the first two yet, maybe it's too easy so no one bothered?

The buckshot one is the one I really want though.

EES GEWD PLAN

Just add 40mm casings to the loot list, make a craft for Casing + Grenade of choice/Shotgun Shell.

The buckshot round shouldn't need a shotgun shell, just lead since that's all you need to craft buckshot already.

Add the ability to breakdown the grenade rounds for casings etc, maybe breakdown grenades as well for their explosive "cores" to add to the rounds.

The slug rounds would just be a solid chunk of lead.

The buckshot round shouldn't need a shotgun shell, just lead since that's all you need to craft buckshot already.

Add the ability to breakdown the grenade rounds for casings etc, maybe breakdown grenades as well for their explosive "cores" to add to the rounds.

The slug rounds would just be a solid chunk of lead.

Entire crafting mod for grenades would be nice.

Breakdown Grenades/Mines/40mm for the Charge or Trigger/Proximity Sensor/Casing

Example-

You break down a Pulse Mine for it's charge and a 40MM grenade for it's casing, making 40MM pulse grenade.

Agree/Disagree/Suggestions?

I like it.

I have fired an M79 with the standard grenade round, flechette round and buckshot round. They never gave us any incendiary rounds to play with ( they were afraid we would start a forest fire) They each have their use. If given the choice of any 2 I would take the grenade and buckshot. The flechette has a slightly longer range than buckshot, and better penetration through brush but a smaller spread. While the buckshot is fantastic at short range and for clearing brush.

How about an M19 with mixed shells?

I like it.

I have fired an M79 with the standard grenade round, flechette round and buckshot round. They never gave us any incendiary rounds to play with ( they were afraid we would start a forest fire) They each have their use. If given the choice of any 2 I would take the grenade and buckshot. The flechette has a slightly longer range than buckshot, and better penetration through brush but a smaller spread. While the buckshot is fantastic at short range and for clearing brush.

How about an M19 with mixed shells?

I think it would be a little strange to use the 25mm in crafting, since they have a much smaller charge and would be a b**** to try and craft more than a clip off any type at a time.

Hmm. Maybe it should depend on your explosives skill?

You would need atleast 50 Explosives skill to break down a grenade/mine/40mm.

At 50-74, it randomly chooses which piece (Charge or Trigger/Proximity Sensor/Casing) you get.

At 75-99, You get to choose which one.

At 100, you get both pieces.

So if I broke down a Pulse Mine at 58, It gives me a proximity sensor.

Then at 76, I break down a plasma grenade and choose the charge.

I craft them together and get a plasma mine.

Make sense?

I've done the first two ammo types before including Cryo for a personal mod of mine on Fallout 3. Seeing as how New Vegas now allows changeable ammo fully, It would be great to see how this will turn out as an actual release.