40mm ammo type requests

Gawl40

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have time I'll do grenades as well. Adding "Composition A5" to the misc items, you'll get it from breaking down explosive items and from Gunrunners.

Also working on a 40mm shell reclaim script to "save your brass".

What does that do, exactly?

I've already started on this on my own, but I've hit a snag... For whatever reason grenade rounds don't do anything for damage, even frag rounds. The only ones which I've managed to get functional as a weapon are pulse rounds, and that is because it uses a small area explosion and enchant effect. Can anyone verify in their game and let me know if grenade rounds are actually broken or if this is just something on my end?

Other explosives and similar also seem to be exceptionally weak, including the Euclid C finder. So this may be an issue on my end caused by something.

I'm adding other craftables as well.

I've already started on this on my own, but I've hit a snag... For whatever reason grenade rounds don't do anything for damage, even frag rounds. The only ones which I've managed to get functional as a weapon are pulse rounds, and that is because it uses a small area explosion and enchant effect. Can anyone verify in their game and let me know if grenade rounds are actually broken or if this is just something on my end?

Other explosives and similar also seem to be exceptionally weak, including the Euclid C finder. So this may be an issue on my end caused by something.

I'm adding other craftables as well.

What other mods do you have?

Try unistalling your mod and make sure that's what's causing it.

You may have to start from scratch.

None that might conflict... The issue seems to be related to nearly everything which does damage through explosions, even those things which aren't touched or expanded on by any mod, such as damage from artillery, missiles, dynamite, mines, frag grenades, ect.

None that might conflict... The issue seems to be related to nearly everything which does damage through explosions, even those things which aren't touched or expanded on by any mod, such as damage from artillery, missiles, dynamite, mines, frag grenades, ect.

I honestly have no clue.

You must of modified the splash damage script for explosives or something. I remember mod for fallout 3 that had the opposite glitch- It doubled the size of car explosions, right? Well he messed up the script, so even the smallest explosion instantly killed anything weaker then a overlord.

OK I was just tweaking a new explosion model for the 40mm pulse. Anyone else notice that there's a GrenadeFragHoly explosion model?????? Someone there actually added a model for a "Holy Hand Grenade"... I assume, "of Antioch."

:)

Can you post a screenshot?

If they took it out, it was probably for copyright reasons.

Hell I may just make a mod that adds in the Holy Hand Grenade when I'm done with this one. :)

This will fit in well with my reloading mod I'm working on. I'll release them separate as this one is more mainstream, while the full mod is going to be pretty hardcore.

I've got the 40mm pulse grenades done - they're a scaled down version of the regular Pulse grenade as far as damage goes. Effective against robots and power armor (160 and 80 damage respectively). Also reduced KO on power armor and robots from 8 seconds (pulse grenade) to 6 seconds (40mm version).

I'm adding some stuff to the requests above:

* The ability to "Breakdown Frag Mine" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Frag Grenade" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Pulse Mine" to get "EMP Core" for making 40mm EMP rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Pulse Grenade" to get "EMP Core" for making 40mm EMP rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Dynomite" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds (the Nitro isn't stable enough, but the blasting cap on it sure as heck is!)

(Dynomite will be a 3:1 ratio)

* The ability to buy 40mm shells, Composition A5, and EMP Core from a few vendors (Gunrunners, NCR armory, ...??)

* Adding 40mm spent casings to NPC's who use 40mm grenade launchers

Frag grenades, in real life, use "Magnum" large rifle primers (but not 50BMG arsenal primers), but in a pinch normal Large Rifle primers will drive them just fine. So you'll need one of those.

40mm Pulse Grenade Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Large Rifle Powder

1x EMP Core

40mm Frag Grenade Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

1x Composition A5

40mm Slug Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

60x Lead

40mm Beanbag Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

2x Rifle Powder

1x Teddy Bear (HAH!.. these actually ARE sold by vendors and found as loot..)

40mm Buckshot

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

60x Lead

Breakdown yields the reverse components.

Land mines, normal grenades may be used to salvage components.