40mm ammo type requests

Gawl40

Hell I may just make a mod that adds in the Holy Hand Grenade when I'm done with this one. :)

This will fit in well with my reloading mod I'm working on. I'll release them separate as this one is more mainstream, while the full mod is going to be pretty hardcore.

I've got the 40mm pulse grenades done - they're a scaled down version of the regular Pulse grenade as far as damage goes. Effective against robots and power armor (160 and 80 damage respectively). Also reduced KO on power armor and robots from 8 seconds (pulse grenade) to 6 seconds (40mm version).

I'm adding some stuff to the requests above:

* The ability to "Breakdown Frag Mine" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Frag Grenade" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Pulse Mine" to get "EMP Core" for making 40mm EMP rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Pulse Grenade" to get "EMP Core" for making 40mm EMP rounds.

* The ability to "Breakdown Dynomite" to get Composition A5 for making 40mm HE rounds (the Nitro isn't stable enough, but the blasting cap on it sure as heck is!)

(Dynomite will be a 3:1 ratio)

* The ability to buy 40mm shells, Composition A5, and EMP Core from a few vendors (Gunrunners, NCR armory, ...??)

* Adding 40mm spent casings to NPC's who use 40mm grenade launchers

Frag grenades, in real life, use "Magnum" large rifle primers (but not 50BMG arsenal primers), but in a pinch normal Large Rifle primers will drive them just fine. So you'll need one of those.

40mm Pulse Grenade Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Large Rifle Powder

1x EMP Core

40mm Frag Grenade Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

1x Composition A5

40mm Slug Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

60x Lead

40mm Beanbag Recipe:

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

2x Rifle Powder

1x Teddy Bear (HAH!.. these actually ARE sold by vendors and found as loot..)

40mm Buckshot

1x 40mm Shell

1x Large Rifle Primer

6x Rifle Powder

60x Lead

Breakdown yields the reverse components.

Land mines, normal grenades may be used to salvage components.

Sounds great.

BTW- The Holy Hand Grenade is already in the game if you have Wild Wasteland.

I though you meant a model for it. It just uses the frag grenade model.

-------------------------------

Edit: That aside, have you considered making a EMP recipe? like a camera (Flash Capacitor) + scrap electronics or something?

Edit2: This sounds like it will make the Grenade Rifle / Launcher a lot more versatile. Slugs for Highly armor enemies, Buckshiot for lightly/unarmed enemies, and EMP for power armor and robots.

What about doing a reverse mod for shotguns? Weak EMP slugs, FRAG12s (

), ect.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh that would make sense. I didn't take that perk so I haven't seen it. :)

Just doing some homework on 40mm. The 40mm shot shell rounds the army uses... they're a little uninspiring. They shoot the same quantity of #4 shot as a 12 gauge (27 pellets), but at about 450fps less. that means in real life they'll do less kinetic energy damage to a person than a normal 12 gauge round.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M576_40mm_grenade)

Guess that short / wide barrel doesn't help build up chamber pressures to kick the pellets out as well as a shotgun.

Ahh that would make sense. I didn't take that perk so I haven't seen it. :)

Just doing some homework on 40mm. The 40mm shot shell rounds the army uses... they're a little uninspiring. They shoot the same quantity of #4 shot as a 12 gauge (27 pellets), but at about 450fps less. that means in real life they'll do less kinetic energy damage to a person than a normal 12 gauge round.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M576_40mm_grenade)

Guess that short / wide barrel doesn't help build up chamber pressures to kick the pellets out as well as a shotgun.

I would imagine that is purely a collateral damage based decision. You average wastelander won't be quite as conscious about blowing that wall to pieces. I suggest making it the equivalent of a single blast from the Big Boomer, 2 shotgun shells at once.

Adding a 75% chance that you'll recycle 40mm shells (they'll appear as Case, 40mm in your inventory). Figure those bad boys are pretty big, and a lot easier to see in the weeds than a 9mm...

(Most weapons are 25-40%, BTW)

That seems a bit OP.

Why not keep it in the 25-40 range?

Each of you guys that contributed are getting credit in the release notes when it's done, btw.

I'll put the reclaim rate at 40. Casings tend to get lost due to ground clutter - the smaller the casing the lower the chance of retaining it. 40 will be the upper end (right up there with 12 gauge)

Just wrapped up the last of the first round of work on the mod. I'm testing for a bit tonight and tomorrow after work, will probably release version 1 tomorrow night.

I'd like to collect some more requests - I noticed there's a lack of EMP Missiles in the game, for instance... the 25mm launcher probably needs some attention to crafting recipes...

Any other ideas on crafting explosives & EMP besides that??

Ammo Added:

40mm Pulse (EMP)

40mm Slug

40mm Beanbag

40mm Buckshot

Items added:

Case, 40mm

Composition A5 (HE)

Composition IM-11 (incendiary)

EMP Core

Recipes Added:

(Breakdown recipes yield primer, powder, scrap metal, etc as appropriate)

Breakdown 40mm Grenade (yields 10x Comp A5)

Breakdown 40mm Incendiary (yields 10x Comp IM-11)

Breakdown 40mm Pulse (yields 1x EMP Core)

Breakdown 40mm Slug (yields lead)

Breakdown 40mm Beanbag (nothing)

Breakdown 40mm Buckshot (lead)

Breakdown Frag Mine (yields 30x Comp A5)

Breakdown Frag Grenade (yields 10x Comp A5)

Breakdown Missile (yields 15x Comp A5)

Breakdown Missile HE (yields 20x Comp A5)

Breakdown Pulse Grenade (yields 1x EMP Core)

Breakdown Pulse Mine (yields 3x EMP Core, Sensor Module)

EMP Core (in: 1x fission battery, 3x Electronics, 1x spare parts)

(yields 3 EMP cores)

40mm Beanbag (1x teddy bear: 3x beanbag rounds)

40mm Buckshot (lead)

40mm Grenade (10x Comp A5)

40mm Incendiary (10x Comp IM-11)

40mm Pulse (1x EMP Core)

40mm Slug (lead)