Reduced View Distance

BlaCkBlitZ

I agree that it doesn't work the same.

Pulling down fade options only affects stuff like NPCs, objects etc. Not the general view. Some people get lag because they have to render/load the textures and stuff from the further landscapes.

Reduced view distance actually fogs away the landscape after X distance, which makes it easier for other rigs to run. I'm not sure about Nevada Skies though, the sandstorms might actually make it as laggy still compared to Reduced View Distance...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean adman...

Things looking perfectly clear at 1000 distance isn't exactly great in aesthetics as well since the wasteland is a wasteland. Things should be blurred to a fog at extreme distances as well.

But then again some of us (me) are also in it for the aesthetics, just not the ones that are beyond 500 metres because of the time you wouldn't care about those, I have a mid-midhigh end computer and it doesn't really run milky smooth when I turn from the medium range of the city to look at both the city and the landscape behind.

What I mean is, staring at the city alone may be smooth, but if you were to add the landscape behind as well the turning is a tiny bit stutter-y.