Static to Container

Nefatari

Hi guys, I'm a newbie modder and would just like to know if there was a way to change a static object into a container?

There probably is some way but for the life of me I can't figure it out, any suggestions will be appreciated!

It depends on whether or not the static object in question has Havok physics attached to it. If it's already something you can touch/stand on or otherwise physically interact with, then yes. Assuming that's the case, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Statics heading and find the object you want to convert into a container. (For this example, I'm using ARBlock01)

2. Scroll to the side and look under the Model tab to see the file path to the .nif used by the object. (In this case, the model path is Dungeons\AyleidRuins\Exterior\Block01.NIF)

3. Go to the Containers heading, right click in the container list and select "New".

4. In the window that opens, click on the raised button that says Add NIF File and select the same .NIF used by the static object. (In this example, Dungeons\AyleidRuins\Exterior\Block01.NIF)

Important note: In order to do this at all, the necessary mesh needs to be unpacked from the .BSA archive.