Head bobbing

Thorsil

I noticed there was one that was on Fallout 3. I tried using that one, hoping it would work on NV, but it didn't.

Can anyone possibly convert that one or make a new one for New Vegas.

That would be great!!

I have made a port to new vegas, but I don't have permission to upload it.

So I will teach you how to do it yourself (don't worry it's easy as cake).

Get the mod from fo3nexus and open it up with fo3edit.

Load only fallout3.esm and headbobbing.esp.

When it finishes click the + next to the headbobbing.esp

Then click FileHeader, On the right side of the screen double click the MAST - filename Fallout3.esm

A new window will pop up, rename the fallout3.esm to falloutNV.esm.

now close the programm and a window will pop up if you wish to save the changes click the tick in the lower right corner.

Now copy the headbobbing.esp from fo3's data folder to FO:NV's data folder.

Enable the .esp via launcher/mod manager and enjoy!

If you need any more help PM me.

It may have some bugs because you only changed the required master file, and bear in mind the script was made for Fallout 3, not New Vegas.

Basically you can do this with any mod if it doesn't add anything to the gameworld...

Thank you for the explanation. Kudos.

Alright, thanks for the info.

I converted it and it appears to be working great!

I tossed it on Hotfile for anyone that wants to grab it. http://hotfile.com/dl/79428646/cc5145c/HeadBobbing.rar.html

Works like a charm except that when you're walking indoors you'll hear loud "booming" or banging noises. Have actually tested it out and confirmed it's caused by this.

Yeah, I noticed that also on the strip. Every time I take a step it sounds like some bombs are going off in the distance. It's really weird.

Anyways, I think the original mod never got polished/finished completely and I think the conversion to NV gives it some conflicts in-game with the sound and whatnot. It looks like there is reasonable demand for a mod like this in NV and I have some suggestions if anyone wants to try and make one from scratch... based off my time with this one.

1. Obviously there's some sound issues with this ported one here and there in NV.

2. I noticed that, in this one, when I stop running it looks like it wants to wrap up a current animation, so it still bobs for a couple of seconds when you stop moving.

3. Maybe make it a little more subtle, or at least a few options for how much bobbing goes on.

Just throwing a few ideas out there for anyone that wants to try and tackle this project!

Thanks for the support! :)

• 5 months later...

I figured it out. What is really happening, what makes the character "bob" and the bombs go off, is a very weak explosion with a lot of shockwaves (somewhat difficult to describe). The original creator of the mod used the animation from an explosion going off to result in trembling or "head bob". The problem is that it results in a terribly un-uniform stagger that results in a lot of rumbling. The only reason we actually hear the explosions is because when it was ported over, the sound was unmasked and such. I have also confirmed this theory through the small shield that appears at the bottom of the screen when being attacked, but protected.

I am still quite interested in a headbob mod though, so if anybody finds a way to integrate the headbob by working around the whole explosion shockwave method, please let me know via post or PM, thanks.

• 4 months later...