ArchiveInvalidation

AshParadox

Right. First post on here- sorry it has to be a question you've probably heard a thousand times...

So I have some mods that seem to require this - primarily hair mods, though there are some texture replacers, etc in there.

I've tried everything. I've tried using FOMM's archive invalidation facility. I've tried using archiveinvalidationinvalidated!, and I've tried the validator exe also available on the Nexus. All to no avail. The new hairs stuff just. doesn't. show. The bValidateOlderFiles is definitely set to 1, and I'm at a loss as to what else I can try.

I've been at this for hours now and I'm literally at my wit's end.

Can someone please help? I've tried following every bit of guidance and checked other forums asking the same thing - it's as though I'm the only person none of these tools has worked for!

Yes, they're definitely correct. As it happens, I've had a bit of a test around and found that there are a few mods which, if I de-activate them, seem to solve the issue. From this I'm guessing there's a mod conflict somewhere to do with those mods.

How would I go about rectifying this? I've heard of something called FO3edit but when I fired that up it didn't seem to do a great amount. I certainly couldn't see any functions that looked like they might solve the issue, though I admit I'm looking through idiot's eyes :o)