New mod in the works

the_j_1986

A status update: Made a sword that the player will recieve when he finishes building Peragus. Actually, 8 swords. The player will get to choose the color, from blue, purple, red, orange, yellow, green, white, and black. It is basically the Ebony Blade recolored, and given a glowing blade. Save for the black blade; can't make something glow black. Also been making a logic chart for the training arena script. So far, it's the third one. Keep on logic-ing myself into a corner. But I'll get it, eventually.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I should be furnishing the interiors, or planting gardens, and stuff like that. Well, I needed to take a break from that, so I decided to work on scripts and other things. Still working on the project, just a different part of it. Anyway, back to making logic.

Omegano

PS. So far only one person has answered my question. Should I stick with Imperial Guards, or give silent dialoge to the other races?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh... Something bad has happened... As for what it is, let me put it this way: I am REALLY glad that I have put out that update the other day. Think of it as an offsite backup. Heh... I think I'm going to put out updates more often...

Anyway, I just lost most work done in the cs from the past 2 days. Luckily, most of the work done in the last two days have been outside of the cs. And I managed to save any scripts I wrote. Well, I think I'm going to wait out the semi-shocked state I'm in before I do anything else. Realizing you nearly lost all the work you've done in the past two weeks can do that to ya...

Omegano

Uhhh... Something bad has happened...

! what happened?

So far only one person has answered my question. Should I stick with Imperial Guards, or give silent dialoge to the other races?

Id rather have imperial Guards than have no audio dialogue mixed races... But it would be nice to have mixed race guards, even if they use the imperial voice for arresting. That would be great, in my oppinion.

Uhhh... Something bad has happened...

! what happened?

So far only one person has answered my question. Should I stick with Imperial Guards, or give silent dialoge to the other races?

Id rather have imperial Guards than have no audio dialogue mixed races... But it would be nice to have mixed race guards, even if they use the imperial voice for arresting. That would be great, in my oppinion.

Basically, the file somehow cleared itself. When I went to load the file in oblivion, peragus was gone. It also teleported me to the imperial city, for some reason. But, as I said, I have a back up, I'm just going to have to do some stuff over again.

Anyway, I guess I'll give all the guards the imperial voice. I was going to try that anyway, and see just how strange it would be. Off to work!

Omegano

Ok, status update: none. Ugh... I've been trying to get it so there is a statue of the player as a "Founder of Peragus" thing, and ended up scrapping the idea for multiple reasons. One, I can't get it to work fully. The copy of the player is not giving a perfect copy, and there is about a 1 in 5 chance of it looking like stone, and not another npc. Two, the place I chose allows the player to interact with the statue, making it remarkably un-statue-like. And causing glitches when it IS interacted with. I MIGHT try this again later, but not until I've started working on the quest. I will probably end up nearly duplicating what Bethesda Softworks did to get the statue in Bruma. And I'm going to have to pick another spot (and the one I picked was just screaming at me to put a statue there...).

Anyway, I've actually have made some progress, but only on the mental level. I think I've figured out how to make the training arena work; I just need to do it, and test it. Then I'll get back to furnishing.

Omegano

Status update: the training arena seems to work, I'll have to do some more intensive testing later, but as of now you can summon a warrior, archer, mage, or random creature to do battle with, that disappear when they die (Including equipment). They are also leveled to you. There are also a two semi-new creatures in the line up. I'll give the name of one: "King Crab" (don't ask for more info, it's a surprise for anyone who downloads the mod). Anyway, I'll need to test my failsafe, but that can wait a bit. I also finished furnishing the barracks, and am currently furnishing the alchemist shop.

When I finish the alchemy shop and test my failsafe, I'll upload an update. That is, after I weed out meshes and textures I don't use to reduce file size.

Omegano

*whew* Sorry it took so long to post. School starts soon, I forgot about it :blush: . Nice training arena! Im looking forward to the update.

can you make real opponents in the arena instead of skeletons and goblins? i don't kno if it's already in the mod, can't find it, so if it is plz put it in, oh and link for the mod?

can you make real opponents in the arena instead of skeletons and goblins? i don't kno if it's already in the mod, can't find it, so if it is plz put it in, oh and link for the mod?

I really have to say this: read the previous posts! My last post said flat out that you can fight a warrior, archer, or mage!

Anyway, the update has been uploaded. Details on the page. Here's a link. Going to bed, tired...

Omegano

Ok, status update: none. Ugh... I've been trying to get it so there is a statue of the player as a "Founder of Peragus" thing, and ended up scrapping the idea for multiple reasons. One, I can't get it to work fully. The copy of the player is not giving a perfect copy, and there is about a 1 in 5 chance of it looking like stone, and not another npc. Two, the place I chose allows the player to interact with the statue, making it remarkably un-statue-like. And causing glitches when it IS interacted with. I MIGHT try this again later, but not until I've started working on the quest. I will probably end up nearly duplicating what Bethesda Softworks did to get the statue in Bruma. And I'm going to have to pick another spot (and the one I picked was just screaming at me to put a statue there...).

Omegano

PM/Email me the script, maybe I can help :)