graphic mods

shadow85

Scroll down this topic:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2535394-good-mods-for-first-timers/?p=22330159

There are few Witcher armor mods on nexus in case you are interested in medieval theme :wink:

If you have a really good pc and want photorealistic ground textures get enb preset for 0.265 enb series and Skyrim 2015 Parallax Terrain SPT by Pfuscher aka Zerwas1.

I have i7-5930K and 2x GTX 980s.

I was wondering are there mods that make interiors look a lot better? Some of the previous mods I used did make an improvement, but a lot of interiors felt a bit bland still.

Great rig :D To get interiors look remotely decent you will need an enb that focuses on interior cells and a lightning mod. You can choose from or mix (depending on enb preset):

ELFX interiors

ELFX enhancer (this will make your dungeons dark)

ELE interiors

ELE RS colors

ELE lightbulbs (won't work with ELFX)

Relighting Skyrim (good to use together with ELE)

RLO (don't mix with other lightning mods)

Also, there is just an overwhelming number of mods out there. I would like mod(s) to increase the difficulty of the game that are also compatible with all the graphic enhancing mods.

Is requiem good for that? Also, there is immersive creatures, and I think some other difficulty enhancing mods.

What would I use to merge them all together, Wyre Bash or is there other programs?

Also, there is just an overwhelming number of mods out there. I would like mod(s) to increase the difficulty of the game that are also compatible with all the graphic enhancing mods.

Is requiem good for that? Also, there is immersive creatures, and I think some other difficulty enhancing mods.

What would I use to merge them all together, Wyre Bash or is there other programs?

Wyre Bash should be generally used on mods that add items to leveled list and to enemy spawn list. Not everything will be compatible just by running bash. You need to read compatibility section every time you want to download something. Generally the total overhauls will clash with any mod that touches things that were already edited, unless there is a patch for it. So if one changes a skill tree and the other adds a new skill to it, they won't work together.

Total overhauls won't touch the visual side of your skyrim, so you can go ahead and get flora and texture mods. Just be aware that npc's can't be edited twice in this game. So if there's a hair or a face mod for certain npc and one that edits npc invidual skills you will get a grey face bug.

Combat mods for improved AI (like Ultimate Combat) will work with npc face mods like UNO or Inhabitants of Skyrim. On top of that general skin/eye/makeup/complexion mods that apply to whole race will work with anything (just make sure you are getting textures for right body type).

In your place I would read whole feature list of total overhaul and think hard, if you really want all the features it provides. In the end you might be better off combining combat and perk tree mod in order to achieve desired effect. For example:

Skyrim Legendary Difficulty Level

+

Perkus Maximus (comes with patcher tool) / Other perk mods

+

Combat Evolved

+

Duel - Combat Realism / Ultimate Combat / Deadly Combat

+

DCO / Ultimate Dragons

+ (optional)

RND / iNeed

If you just want to install one mod, get all the patches and be done with it, Requiem might be for you. For me most of mods like that are more of a real life simulators than difficulty mods, since I can boost my combat experience by other mods.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Do i need texture pack combiner or can I manually install all the texture mods I want?

Just get what you like :happy: If you install your textures with MO, you can turn them on/off with one click. And if you liked robe textures, but then you install complete armor pack that replaces them, you just have to change priority number next to mod name in MO mod list. You can easily set which file takes effect without deleting anything or having a mess in your data folder. All the mods will be stored in separate folders. Next NMM will have profiling options, but it's still in beta and MO is considered better for general mod users.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Another question I wanted to ask is, when I use MO to install the tex mods.

My skyrim is installed on my fast SSD.

The texture mods are saved on a standard HDD.

Should I move the tex mods to the same drive (ssd) as my Skyrim or can I leave them on my other drive (normal hdd) and MO will take care of it?

Edited by shadow85