Helios One

Akimb0

So of course I want the laser, who wouldn't? Are there any ways to activate it all without killing/losing rep with the NCR there?

The wiki suggested going inside as soon as you activate it, but apparently that was fixed in a patch?

What if I sniped (while hidden ofc) all the NCR troops etc. in the area, then the laser can't kill them, or do you lose the faction regardless of if anyone was actually killed?

The faction loss did actually seem acceptable and I could always do some work for the NCR to make sure they don't hate me (yet) after the deed is done I guess, so how have people gone about activating this weapon without taking a big hit to NCR rep?

So of course I want the laser, who wouldn't? Are there any ways to activate it all without killing/losing rep with the NCR there?

The wiki suggested going inside as soon as you activate it, but apparently that was fixed in a patch?

What if I sniped (while hidden ofc) all the NCR troops etc. in the area, then the laser can't kill them, or do you lose the faction regardless of if anyone was actually killed?

The faction loss did actually seem acceptable and I could always do some work for the NCR to make sure they don't hate me (yet) after the deed is done I guess, so how have people gone about activating this weapon without taking a big hit to NCR rep?

It's impossible since activating the laser would kill the things around it, and the things around it are NCR troops. Unless you encounter some sort of bug.

You ONLY have to send power to the laser. You don't need to fry the people around you. Just send power to the laser and get the C-finder from Max at East Freeside. He's a kid chasing a girl with it pretending it's a toy laser gun....Oh how little he knows....

Here is a little trick that I used to clear the area of NCR.

Get Vilified by the leigon and using great patience kite a few of them over to Helios. If you dont have the time to kite a wandering patrol closer to Helios use the Command Console and spawn a few within range. Those gaurding the Helios grounds will take off after the Leigonares and once the ground around Helios is clear of all NCR Troops, Dogs activate the Helios and pray that no NCR returns to post as the weapon is firing.

I admit to cheating a little on this because i wanted the laser but sided with NCR. A freind of mine took the time in the Geck to replace the NCR npcs with Leigon so when the weapon activates its gives you NCR Fame and Leigon Infamy.

As to get it without cheating part of the NCR story, if you help the BoS retake Helios without combat then activate the weapon you will kill BoS guys instead of NCR. Not the best solution but it keeps your NCR Reputation in good standing. Either that or wear Leigon armor as you assualt the complex. This will be seen as a leigon attack as long as no one can ID you as the Courier.

I just chose to send power to ArchimedesII.

Didn't fry anyone and got my sweet laser gun.

Exactly. I went and got the C-Finder first then went back to HELIOS I and told the computer to send power to ARCHIMEDES II. Firing the laser on the plant itself is a totally separate option.

Using ARCHIMEDES to kill Caesar was so much fun. I was a bit disappointed though that the survivors didn't throw down their weapons and start worshiping me as a god right then and there.

• 2 weeks later...