Missing Vital Quest NPCs

etherdose

ok..

I love this game. I have the most updated version patch and not too many mods. Sadly, for about 3 quests that I have open, the important NPC that is a factor in quest completion. For example...the Knights quest to kill Black Brugo?? I go to where the green arrow shows, but no Brugo! Correct time and location, and my Orc female runs around like she spots something, but nothing is there. I re-installed the game 3 times, and still no quest.

Any ideas?

It may be a mod conflict. Try turning them off and see what happens. Also sometimes it is possible to have missed out a piece of dialogue that leads to a quest update before which the quest is not advanced. However it ought not be that as you get the greeen arrow.

Brugo is inside Telepe after midnight - downstairs and in the room on the left. (The right has respawning generic Black Bow brigands). You can also meet him outside if you arrive before he has had time to go inside. (Any possiblity he was killed outside by something else???)

Repeat all dialogue choices with Mazoga and the Count and try again to reach Telepe at just after midnight. Try it with the mods switched off. If it still refuses to work you can use the console to place Black Brugo there or you can finish the quest using the console. But try the other two suggestions first.

....good ideas. Tried doing the conversations approach before posting here, and oddly, the Orc female knight runs around where I can see the green arrow before midnight...like he's outside, but she attacks nothing. She runs forward as if to strike, then runs around in circles.... (lol) Odd.....

Ok...how would I use consol to bring Brugo around?

(p.s. Thanks for the speedy reply... I appreciate the help)

Check out the cheat sites on the net. UESP and UHS tend to be fairly comprehensive. To find the guy's ID go into the construction set, open 'data files' and check Oblivion. When it's loaded check NPCs orcs to find his game ID. Then open the console and type whatever the cheat is and his ID.

Archived