Fallout New Vegas Multiplayer

timtheundertaker

Multiplayer?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a multiplayer mod.

2. 2. Do you think my changes could work if there were to be a multiplayer mod?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be fantastic if we meet other survivors we can chat with.

Of couse, a a lot of new emotes we need this way, like gesticulating while chat window is open, or drinking a Nuka Cola gives us emote while we stand and sit too.

Im an Ideaman, call me if any question needs to be answered.

Most of these changes would require access to the actual source code of the game, the G.E.C.K. is very limited concerning game mechanics. It would probably be easier to create a multi-player Fallout game from scratch then trying to change this one.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but don't get your hopes up.

I believe there was already a fairly in-depth and serious attempt at a multiplayer game mode for Oblivion (Same engine as Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Well, an earlier version, but still more or less the same stuff.), and it failed miserably. They were never able to get it to work as intended.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just letting you guys know that this has already been attempted before, with less than spectacular results. This isn't something that would just take a weekend of coding to work. It'd take months, years even.

Is it possible? Sure. Anything is possible. Is it in any way sane or practical? I don't think so. It'd probably be quicker and easier to make your own game at that point.

That said: Don't let me rain on your parade if you think you can give it a shot; Go right ahead and give it your best.

There also was a fairly in depth fallout 3 attempt that failed miserably, simply because gamebryo is an engine that has no separation between the server and client side, some do the separation even for simgleplayer games, this one doesn't, making a multiplayer mob is pretty much the equivalent of having npcs on your side that follow orders from a 3rd paty plugin which read the other player's movements...

And that's just for players, now think about how to synchronise all the game elements and zone changes and you are in a whole world of hurt.

Would be great, but can't be done by modders with F3 or FNV

The only thing that would make or break this idea is custom gear and or gameplay tweaks. God/cheat items and such. The reason the pc version of fallout and the tes games are popular is coz of the (longievity wise) possibility of playing the perfect char

Youre gonna get a party where one players decked out with weapons from the terminator series and another a stealthy ninja. Neither will have the appropriate armour/weapons pack that the other will have.