Good female follower mod?

Deleted11834868User

Best AI/custom voice: Sofia

Best looks: Barbarian Sunya

All followers are either pretty, or have great AI. Wish those modders paired up creating them :D

Now I've tried combining the two using CK (since I'm not really a fan of Sofia's looks, while Sonya looks HAWT), using Sonya's file as resource (and template), modifying Sofia's file (as Active), but I guess that's not how things work, since she ended up having a vanilla (ugly nord) head. I've tried renaming Sonya's .bsa archive so that Sofia's file can detect it (I've read that somewhere), but it had no effect.

Can any experienced modder tell me how to do it properly?

Edited by peregrine111

"I'm not sure why this is, since I didn't think NPCs made a difference to game performance. "

lol they hammer your cpu and flood your ram. they are nearly the most cpu intensive things in the game.

Haha I see, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info, I'll put it to good use.

Best AI/custom voice: Sofia

Best looks: Barbarian Sunya

All followers are either pretty, or have great AI. Wish those modders paired up creating them :D

Now I've tried combining the two using CK (since I'm not really a fan of Sofia's looks, while Sonya looks HAWT), using Sonya's file as resource (and template), modifying Sofia's file (as Active), but I guess that's not how things work, since she ended up having a vanilla (ugly nord) head. I've tried renaming Sonya's .bsa archive so that Sofia's file can detect it (I've read that somewhere), but it had no effect.

Can any experienced modder tell me how to do it properly?

Yeah I know what you mean. I personally don't mind the looks much at all, I really liked that follower called Rigmor of Bruma, but the latest update has caused a bit too many issues. Now it's a big quest instead of a follower with a backstory, and there's a lot of little problems with it. He's still working on it, but until it's ironed out I'll wait (since I'm trying to make this playthrough as lightweight and compatible as possible),

well i read about rigmor and now the mod has a quest? i might check it out. well i liked vilja but she looks so vanilla skyrim bad :D now the best female follower to my mind is arissa, though i have to agree i would love to combine looks from one mod with the other follower mod. i might start up the ck and fiddle around a bit :wink:

edit:

holy f*** vilja got tons of features in recent updates and her voice seemed less annoying than i remember. i will give her a visual overhaul in the ck once i find out how to do it :D any requests for merges? which pretty nord followers visually fit vilja? i might do a patch or a full merge :smile:

@op

i love arissa and vilja. arissas author is currently moving and arissas writer is getting married, but updates will come soon. vilja seems to get constant updates too. i do not like sofia, i think she would fit in the fallout universe better with her funny dialogue. also try interesting npcs, there are amazing followers, some more vanilla like and some with over thousand lines of dialogue.

Edited by TWarrior

I couldn't use Vilja or Caerwinden because their custom voices were really bad/annoying for me. Sofia has a pretty good voice.. I mean, it's no Tricia Helfer, but Christine Slagman is pretty okay I guess.

It's just that Requiem patch for Sofia broke down functionality of Sofia's affection meter so it's stuck at 10, but oh well, there must be some workaround.