Mod not working in game or construction set

kalthazz

When you manually install a mod, always read the readme (or better: read it anyway, even if installing with a mod manager).

Usually you need to just unpack everything in the Data folder, without manually install the single mod's folders into the many Data subfolder, but some mods require a complex procedure.

Of course there are exceptions, because some mods are packed without any folder structure and you must figure out their place.

If you manually placed the mod's folders into the Data subfolders (Textures, Meshes, etc), then you've likely messed up everything, which explain the problem.

If the readme contains a precise installation procedure, then follow every step.

Else just unpack the archive into the Oblivion/Data folder and test.

Khaltazz...

What have you been doing, EXACTLY, to this mod using the Construction Set?

Because the Imp looks this way because it has lost its skeleton! And obviously the female goblins have lost also their corresponding skeleton and are using another not designed for them.

Please uninstall COMPLETELY the OSM mod, and I'm talking seriously. Unistall it and make sure no traces of it are left. Delete the esm and esp you have in your Data folder. The modifications you did to it are the cause of your issue.

Then, install it again VERY CAREFULLY, making sure you do not misplace any file or folder. From OSM_Ressourcen 1 take the "textures" folder and put it inside your game's "Data" folder. From OSM_Ressourcen 2, take the "sound" and "meshes" folders and put them inside your game's "Data" folder.

Now, from the OSM V 1_3 package, take the "Oblivion_Sexualized_Monsters.esm" and one, and ONLY ONE, of the provided .esp files, and put them inside your "Data" folder.

Now open your Mod Manager (let's say, Oblivion Mod Manager), look for the button in the right buttons column labeled "Utilities", select the "Archive Invalidation" option from the list that appears, and in the new window that appears, make sure the "BSA Redirection" is selected. If you're playing via Steam, look for and click the "Reset BSA Timestamps", and then in the lower right corner, click the "Update Now" button. As soon as the "Updated!" status message appears, close the Archive Invalidation window, and in the left panel, put a checkmarck on OSM esm and esp and launch the game.

DO NOT MEDDLE AGAIN with the esm or esp in the CS.

Cheers!

ok and the whole reason why I am doing all this is cause I wanted to lets say create just some goblin wives for my pc character and be able to give them different factions and what not as well as i just wanted to do something different and make companions out of them possibly as well!

Hey, Kalthazz!

Things are starting to clarify.

I need to know what did you do to the goblins and imps, which modifications you did using the CS to them.

You see, judging from what you explain in this last post, I think you did not realize that goblins are not NPCs. They are Creatures. In the Construction Set, you cannot treat goblins, nor any other Creature, the same way yo treat NPCS.

For instance, you cannot create a Companion out of a goblin. Instead, you must create a Minion, and they are different. And you not, under any circumstance, change their physical assets unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Let's do something:

First, in order to try to save your current installation of the mod, tell me what you did when you tried to create these Wives.

A) Did you modify the meshes and textures using NifSkope and GIMP or Photosop?

B) Which changes did you to the goblins and imps assets using the Construction Set?

If you did not modify the meshes and textures files at all, then fixing your problem is easy: all you need to do is deleting the esm and esp files in your Data folder and put there the original, untouched ones. Then you can start anew, this time more carefully and learning first how to do what you want to do. I think it's possible to create a Companion Creature, or Minion, with the vanilla assets, but for a more complete one, you will need the CM Partners Mod or another scripting package. I only know how to use the CM Partners.

So, the bad news are, what you want to do is more difficult than you thought.

The good news are, what you want to do is perfectly possible. You can have your Goblin Wives as you desire.

Just trust me and do what I ask you, and soon you will have your first fully functional, beautiful Goblin Wife.

Cheers!

nope let me be clear I do nothing to change anything and put the files in the textures and meshes folder and as I said they did not work and did not do any changes whatsoever as I thouight it would be something that can be done and realized it is beyond my skills and not very good at gimp or sculptris or even blender so doing any remodels is not something to do though i did look at the models in nifskope and look at what they would look like if they did work in the game or construction set and the only skeleton files in the set and game is the one that came in the bsas so no modified skeletons or anything!

only esms and esps for the mod used and of course I also got the companions partner and playable goblins which only add files to the character folder in meshes and textures and does not alter the race in any way in the creatures folder where this mod goes

OSM Ressourcen 1-32838-1 (textures)

OSM Ressourcen 2-32838-2 (meshes and sounds)

OSM V 1_3 Englisch-32838 (Oblivion Sexualized Monsters.esm and OSM-Only female.esp)