weapon model ingame-GECK-NIF with wrong placements

BulletSix

hiya :)

so here`s what i did:

I copied some nifstrips to a existing nif, therefore creating a new weapon, off of the chniese AR that is in the files of New Vegas.

+Looking good in nifskope,

+looking good in the GECK

+looking good ingame

-BUT no animations :(

after some swearing i looked at another .nif that is actually in the game and recognized, that the node names are different (Magazine becomes clip, lever becomes handle, something like that)

Therefore i renamed the nodes of the former chinese AR to match the ones in the game file.

+ GECK looks good

+ animations work

+ world model (if i drop the weapon) looks good

- the magazine and the charging handle are displaced :wallbash:

o_O :blink:

has anyone an idea what happened (and how i can correct it)?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit:

found it. it has something to do with the relation of the NiNode and its NiStrips (which both can be transformed seperately)

Just to confirm, when you need to relocate a moving part, NEVER adjust the NiNode. Always drill down and move the child TriStrips. And make sure the moving node (##) and the BSFadeNode use the exact names n the original skeleton.

Bonus answer. You can Copy\paste branch for the ##SightingNode from an existing NV weapon. Just be sure to rename your pasted node correctly. There are two ##SightingNodes you can copy. The animated one will turn off the game crosshairs when you zoom.

Did you ever get NIFskope to animate the new meshes? I lost animation on the SniperRifle a while back and none of the NV animations will play. I followed Throttlekitty's advice and updated to the latest beta, but no joy.