Fallout 3 - Scripts - Ability to Force Weapon Reload Through Scripting?

Praxus9

I am working on a mod in which ammunition from the inventory automatically transfers into the clip of a weapon without any visible reloading animation or the player hitting a reload button while the weapon is equipped.

I am aware of the "Ammunition Trick" of setting the shots per use on a weapon to "0" and then setting an ammunition type for that weapon but, in order for that tactic to work, I would need to find a way to lower the inventory count of that ammunition type every time the weapon was fired and I haven't found that way yet.

I also know of the "infinite ammo" trick of setting the shots per use on a weapon to "0" and then setting the ammunition type to none but this does not produce the desired effect that I am attempting to reproduce.

I know that weapons are "reloaded" every time that they are equipped but is there a scripting function that forces a reloading of the weapon while it is equipped? I know that you can add items to your own inventory ("player.additem AnyAmmunitionType 1 1") but this adds the item to your inventory and not the weapon itself (the "clip"). Is it possible that the weapon itself could be considered a container?

If anyone has any further information about this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Interesting idea. I wouldn't want a mod like this but still could be cool. A quick way to get the same effect might be to set the magazine size at an absurd number. Do not know the max but if it is possible to set it to 10000 Actually filling it would be challenging without the console