Will Bethesda release a stand alone version ?

covari

I guess I'll have to pass on FO Vegas, sad but I really don't think its fair after you buy a game to be forced to subscribe to something else you're not interested in in order to activate and play.

1. Never been interested in online or multiplayer online gaming.

2. After reading the Steam or Valve subscription agreement seems like they want your information and don't want to accept any responsiblity for security for your account or information.

I've been a fan of Bethesda games since Morrowind but this draws a line I will not cross. So unless another option becomes available Vegas ain't happening for me. And I just upgraded my graphics card to a Geforce GTX 460, so no happy camper here dudes.

Sending my unopened box back to Walmart!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

These anit-steam threads are getting ridiculous. Your post really fails to make any sense whatsoever.

(and you should of gotten a 4870)

I disagree. We should not be required to subscribe to some online money making scheme in order to play new games when they are released. It's not crying, and if you don't understand the point of the original post then either you have trouble understanding the English language or you simply have so much money sprouting from your bodily orifices that such obvious attempts to milk gamers for their gaming dollars are irrelevant to you. I'm not a wealthy person myself, so I guess that makes me an anti-Steam crybaby too.

The following is based both on replying to the quotes, and my own personal experience with the Steam system - something I've used since it first appeared.

sad but I really don't think its fair after you buy a game to be forced to subscribe to something else you're not interested in in order to activate and play.

1.It's not like you're being asked to pay for it. Don't like being online? Fine, connect once to activate the game, then switch to offline mode. For patching, just put it back to online mode until the patch is implemented, then go back to offline.

Or would you rather go the way of constant connection DRM systems like some companies have worked with? Where an offline mode doesn't even factor into the deal...

If you don't want to purchase anything through the steam system, no-one is forcing you to.

2. After reading the Steam or Valve subscription agreement seems like they want your information and don't want to accept any responsiblity for security for your account or information.

1. You don't have to be.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer. I very rarely play online games, or multiplayer shooters. I have both Left 4 Dead games, and a number of other FPS shooter style games, but I count my total online play amongst them to be around 7% total. I buy games for the single player aspect, not the fact I can jump into a game with 2, 4, 8,16 or however many other people I do not know, hoping that I get a decent game without some jackass ruining things for everyone else.

2. Yes, they're interested in people's system specs (what gaming related company isn't?) - but you can choose not to send the information when asked. It's not the thing is stealing info from you without you knowing. I've been asked once if I would like to collate and send my system specs for development survey use, I said no as I was (at the time) planning on upgrading a few parts.

Never been asked again.

Not that I mind personally, all it's asking for is the system specs as far as hardware goes - it's not demanding a complete list of everything you've got stored on your computer in terms of files, programs and applications.

I've been a fan of Bethesda games since Morrowind but this draws a line I will not cross. So unless another option becomes available Vegas ain't happening for me. And I just upgraded my graphics card to a Geforce GTX 460, so no happy camper here dudes.

All I can say there is - your loss.

See, now the OP didn't give us all the details, did he?

If it's free and you only have to go online the one time to activate it, then that's really nothing to cry about.

My earlier post was based on the assumption that one must pay a subscription in order to activate and in turn play the game.

If that was the case I'd stand by my earlier post 100%...

...but since it appears that such is not the case, I'll just apologize for shooting my mouth off and shut up now...

Been a steam user since I was 16. I have never had any account issues with them. I've let them store my credit card info so I can easily purchase games over 3 years ago, still not one problem.

In fact the ONLY annoyances I have are these three:

A.) I have to wait to 3am Central (12AM Pacific), to be able to install Midnight release games like FNV.

B.) The Front page lags the start up of the steam client a bit.

C.) Retail version of Supream Commander 2 only had 4gs on the disk, I had to Download another 4 before I could play. That was stupidity of the developer however, not steam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I'll have to pass on FO Vegas, sad but I really don't think its fair after you buy a game to be forced to subscribe to something else you're not interested in in order to activate and play.

1. Not like their asking for your Soc Number or a copy of your birth certificate. The info they require any information to sign up it is incredibly basic, I don't think you have to fill most of it out. Even if you do, they don't share it with anyone outside their company. Being a software company who's lively hood depends on their customers trusting them with their info. I'm pretty sure they got their security in check.

2. I'm sure what ever wording in their agreement is merely to prevent themselves from getting abused by those that might try to take advantage of them.

Thus: