Realistic (or as much as it could be) Grapple

kwonm

A mod that made it so when you grapple you swing down first then climb up kind of slowly. I'm a realism nut so I get it if this doesn't seem important to you but I hate the grapple but love the idea. Something along the lines of Far Cry 4. I have no idea if its possible but if someone is interested please try, it would really help me, and hopefully others feel more immersed.

use Winrar or equivalent software to open steam/username/common/dying light/dw/data0.pak, extract it to documents/dying light/out/data and whatever sub folder the file is in.

get a proper text editing tool like notepad++ and start sifting through the files, in this case it is default_levels.scr in skills we're after, then you start looking through the code, you basically guess most of the stuff, and that's totally fine.

the features i mentioned I've actually seen in the code, maybe not all in the default_levels but around.

if you want to mod all you have to do is read, read, read until the text start to make some sense.