Strange request perhaps, restore the FX during "intimate" scen

benjaminloh82

This is a bit of a strange request I suppose, but in the PC version of fallout New Vegas when initiating *ahem* intimate scenes (with Fisto, Red Lucy and Sarah Weintraub), there is a fade to black and nothing else, whereas in the console version there is an asoociated FX. I was wondering if it was possible to mod these FXs back in as they seem to have been removed by the last patch. The game seems slightly incomplete (as pervy as that might sound I suppose) without them.

I agree, the current fade to black is really lame. Shouldn't be too difficult to re-implement though, someone has some sound files I could use? :P

Would you be implementing the original FX files from the game or substituting files from more salacious sources? Hopefully I'm not imposing by suggesting that I'd very much prefer it to be the former?

Would the sound files possibly still be in the game files (just inactivated?). Not that I would be able to identify them from a hole in the ground, was just wondering.

My thanks if you can get this working. :thumbsup:

Just saw a new topic about this issue (Link), which mentions that sound card drivers might be causing the issues. I'll see if I can find something out about this, hopefully it'll also be fixable through the GECK.

The link you provided dealing with the missing scenes is for a mod called AP-WIP, if you are looking for the content which seems to be only available on the Consoles, "darnit go figure", You would need to know what those resources are called, then use the "filter" box in the G.E.C.K. object window to find it. If it does exisit in the G.E.C.K. for the PC? You should be able to implement it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was rooting around in GECK and found the references to these SFX, but the files are empty. It would not be too hard to add new SFX, but restoring the originals looks impossible, unless someone has a copy of them for some reason.

Absolutely no idea why these were removed. Sound card problems seems ridiculously unlikely, as all other SFX are working just fine. Maybe to fit with some kind of Steam policy or something like that? No idea.

It would be likely that the files would still be present in an unpatched version of the game (fresh install). This is assuming it's not just the fact that the files in question are in OGG format (rather than WAV). OGG files don't actually play in the GECK...

There is a mod that says it does this, I haven't tested it yet, haven't got to one of those scenes yet.

Here is the URL: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37148

LOL Haikenedge beat me to it, strange but appropriate name for it, don't u think? I found it while browsing the mods.

Edited by Savage117