Advice for Nif Animations for Headparts

Deleted2547005User

I have been experimenting with Geometry Morphers (NiGeomMorpherController) for meshes for my pony mod, the goal is to animate the tails and manes without adding bones to the skeleton and animation kf. I've been very successful with the experiment, I learned how to make them animate with just key shapes and a controller, but the animation does not work when the mesh with the animation is used in a head slot in the race dialogue menu, like mouth, tongue, teeth, etc., it only works when the mesh is used in an armor.

Any advice to get this working in the desired fashion? I want to avoid using armor to add the tails, wings, etc., freeing up body slots for mods and optimizing my code (this would reduce a major script into a teeny tiny chunk of code).

• 1 month later...
As someone who has worked with GeoMorph anims as well, I too have found that

t only works when the mesh is used in an armor.
seems to be true ><''I'd be curious to see if you can get around this.Also, when you did use it as armor, did you use ArmorAddon? Whch Biped slots?Also did you include an armature, (rig/skin) or make an armor the 'quick n easy' way by designating a NiNode to be a "bone by proxy" using NiStringData?

I never got around this. I gave up after receiving no advice here and at another popular modding site and banging my head against this issue.

The nif file will animate as a piece of armor regardless of which body slot it uses. It'll even animate as part of the body, like the right hand, but will not animate as any part of the head, like teeth. I can only assume it has something to do with face morphing egms and conflicts/crashes/limitation.

Here's the model for your observance: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3p05og3pw1de79/Test.nif

The model has no armature, I used blender to make Key Shapes, then setup an animation with them and exported it. It's under a NiFloatInterpolator that animates the mesh. The animation itself is just a basic test to see if it'll even work.