[REQ] Daily Jobs Mod

NuclearDestination

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me be bumpin'

Assassin - receive contracts (sorta like the bounty hunter) to stealthily kill a target. Targets should be rich important people that can be killed when there are alone in a hotel room or home. The killing could be close range with silenced weapons or melee or even sniping from a building from across the street. Contracts could work sort of like Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood.

Medic - help injured soldiers on the battlefield. Would obviously require medical skill and maybe guns for some combat. Could be a medic for a militia, NCR, The Legion, etc.

I liked your ideas SoggyWaffle, but I've padded them up a bit, hopefully this way they sound more exciting, I tried to keep it in your words as much as possible.

Assassin - An evil alternative to the Bounty Hunter class, the player recieves contracts to stealthily kill targets with as little conflict as possible. Targets should be rich important people that can be killed when there are alone in a hotel room or home. The killing could be close range with silenced weapons or melee or even sniping from a building from across the street or long enough distances. These contracts could work sort of like Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood, with promotions, unique equipment and other rewards.

Battlefield Medic - You help injured soldiers on the battlefield. This would obviously require medical skill and possibly survival since battlefield medicene isn't tip-top, you'd also have to be a defent combatant to accept the job. Could be a medic for a militia, NCR, The Legion, etc., You could participate in both skimishes and large battles for various factions.

Battlefield Medic - You help injured soldiers on the battlefield. This would obviously require medical skill and possibly survival since battlefield medicene isn't tip-top, you'd also have to be a defent combatant to accept the job. Could be a medic for a militia, NCR, The Legion, etc., You could participate in both skimishes and large battles for various factions.

Someone just uploaded a new outfit in the works, don't you all think it'd be a great outfit for a medic?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/2557751-1299543978.jpg

Link To Image

Yeah that looks great! I haven't been looking around too hard but is somebody working on this, or is it still an idea?

It's still an idea only, I mean I believe that pieces of these ideas have made their way into mods. Like theres a hunting virtual reality thing inside DantheGeeks Underground Hideout mod, and here in the forums AllenOcelot is working on a large mod called "New Vegas Hunting Grounds" based on the thread linked under the hunter job description.

But other than those two which may not even be related to this, then no this is still up for grabs to modders and is not being made as far as I know, but I find resources from time to time and post them up anyways.

Yes I've heard of that mod, I believe it's called "NCR Recruitment" or simply "The NCR,"

And I'd suggest someone message that mods creator some of the ideas from this thread like Medic, and the other Faction based jobs, and perhaps he/she will include them.

Edited by simplywayne90

Since I finally found a way to compress the list I'm putting my list of backstories on here to inspire some more job ideas.

Well I made a list of backstory traits for a mod awhile back but it never made it past the idea phase, So I'll post it here and you can use it to give you ideas for more jobs

I just made a huge list of backstory perks that could be altered for use if someone wanted, most are simply edited from another game made by the Fallout team after they went out of business back in the 90's.

While playing a game called 'Arcanum' that the Fallout guys made after Black Isle went under. I found a lot of the character backstory choices were pretty cool, so I thought I'd post the ones I felt could be used with New Vegas and I've edited them to Fallout terms and things.

Afraid Of The Dark

You cannot stand to be in the dark. You stay constantly aware of your surroundings, peering into dim corners and dark shadows to see if something is there. While this has raised your Perception by 2, you will suffer a panic attack if you are in too dark an area, leading to losses in Agility and Intelligence, but you do gain +2 to Strength from the fear.

Arsonist

You like fire. No, you LOVE fire! Fire fire fire! You were always picked on as a kid for being scrawny (-1 Strength and -1 Endurance) but you showed them! You studied explosives (+20 Explosives) and you burned their homes! Burned them to the ground! Ha ha! Then you ran away from home and became a courier for the Mojave Express.

Tribal

You were raised among a wild barbarian tribe in the east. No one knows how or why you came to be a courier, but given your ferocious demeanor, no one tried to find out. You gain +2 Strength and +1 Constitution and incresed skills in both unarmed and melee combat, while suffering -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma, and a significant loss in speech due to your origins.

Beat with an Ugly Stick (Straight from the game, thats Fallout humor for you)

You are Ugly. There is just no other word for it, unless you consider extemely hideous as better. Children flee from you in terror and even the kindest of souls finds it difficult to stand your presence for long. As a result, you take an extreme penalty to Charisma (-5), but, because you have to defend yourself from frequent attacks, you gain a bonus to Strength (+2), Dexterity (+2) and all of your Combat Skills.

Escaped Lunatic (Gary?....)

You have escaped from a vault, but your experiences there have left your mind in pieces, You killed a courier shortly after exiting the vault and took all of his belongings and clothes and were mistaken as him, you were then forced to take the job you killed him during. You are extremely resistant to damage (+25% to normal resistance) and most people sense that something about you is wrong. (Charisma -2)

Frankenstein Monster

You were reanimated by a mad scientist from various body parts he found at gravesites, but somehow you escaped from the laboratory. You were quickly captured by slavers, but set free by abolishtionist and given a courier job at the Mojave Express. You are very well constructed (Strength +4, Endurance +4, Poison Resistance +20), but you are very slow (Agility -5) with a damaged brain-larynx connection (you use dumb dialog options) and have a susceptibility to energy weapons.

Girly Man (Originally called Ladies Man)

Women swoon whenever they are near you. Being unusually good-looking, you gain a large bonus to Charisma (+4) and naturally have the Lady Killer perk. Unfortunately, all that primping and dieting has you lacking in the more manly virtues...you lack in Endurance (-2), Strength (-2) and Agility (-2).

A Freaking Miracle

A gunshot to the face isn't the worst thing you've survived through, Your life is simple a long list of injuries that are normally fatal including being eaten by a giant deathclaw, and violated by mutants. As such your luck is awful (-5) you critical fail more often and become crippled much easier due to previous injuries, however "what doesn't kill you..." so your endurance, strength, and agility are all much better than those of normal wastelanders (+3 to each)

Sold Your Soul

You made a pact with a strange red intelligent deathclaw named Lucifer. In exchange, you have dedicated your life to the pursuit of evil. You gain +2 to all SPECIAL, but you can never learn skills that may help others, people also naturally hate and dislike you, and once chosen you are never offered choices that bring good to the world (and your alignment can NEVER go higher than evil).

Technophobia

You were raised in a community that shunned all tech from pre-war times, thus your skills related to the use of such technology suffer, and you cannot operate energy weapons, however due to your upbringing you can operate simple guns and tech with extreme precision.

Amazon

You were raised in a vault with only women, males were killed off and reproduction was done using insemination with the Vault computer. You fear and distrust men, as such you suffer a speech loss when speaking to a man but do 30% more damage to all male enemies, with women your extremely persuasive and intelligent, and if you have female followers they were have increase damage and health.

Amnesiac

The bullet didn't leave you unscathed, it hit your center of short-term memory. As such, you only remember up until someone shot you. As such your intellect can never increase, but people find you interesting and enigmatic. (Charisma bonus)

Horseman of The Apocolypse

Before being shot, you had just arrived on Earth, You were to bring forth the apocolypse and cleanse the planet, only you were 200 years late. You are naturally skilled and powerful, however due to your inhierent nature and looks, humans dislike you and interactions are normally negitive or even violent, your intellect also suffers due to your lack of knowledge about the new world.

Assassin

You were sent to kill the influential leader of New Vegas. Your people come from an old society from before the Great war, you recieved combat training since birth, yet you are so focused that your skills in non-violent areas are almost non-existant. You also cannot use weapons larger than rifles or sniper rifles since an assassin never uses ungainly armaments.

Chosen One

You think your the Chosen one, that one day you will save the Mojave from a great evil, your time as a courier was only your most recent way of funds, you have trained and improved yourself for many years by spending caps and traveling. However, apparantly in California there had already been a Chosen One, years of constant hysteric laughing from everybody around you have made you very bitter. You lose Charisma and Luck, and suffer with social skills, but gain in many other skills.

Daredevil

You do not feel fear, you feel good! The closer you are to death the better you feel. After learning about the dangers of the wasteland you left your home in search of excitement, you may not be as charming or smart as others but who needs a brain to ran naked through a deathclaw nest? You gain bonus' to both luck and endurance but your looks and mind have suffered from your many exploits.

Escaped Slave

You escaped the Legions grasp several years ago, However you never stopped running, you became a courier in an attempt to work your way west where there is no slavers. However, it seems that the west will have to wait a little longer.

Mad Scientist

"Your insane!" This is a common greating you recieve, while others call you mad and insane, you see nothing wrong with spraying your enemies with a spray that makes male deathclaws think that they are female deathclaws wanting to mate (To horrid results for the one who is sprayed)

Explorer

You can't stay still, the time you spent buried was likely the longest time you've been in one place, your a wanderer, an explorer, drifter. Your agility and endurance are heightened by your wanderlust by your strength and intellect have gotten dull with lack of use.

Gunslinger

Do you feel lucky? From an early age, your were forced to watch things called "westerns" by the vault computer once a day. You were traded by your vault to the Mojave express as a sign of diplomacy, since then you've trained in antique armaments and learned survival skills. Your Survival is maxed and your small guns is increased, however your perciption and charisma have been affected due to your vault's special upbringing.

Hunter

Your at home outdoors. You have hunted and killed abominations from the east to the Mojave, you can't eat pre-war foods but benifit from meats and herbs instead, your an expert in most weapons but cannot use energy weapons well due to their uselessness for hunting,

Lone Wolf

You have always been alone, left by your parents at 4, you learned to rely only on yourself. Your skills are much better than those of socialized peoples, however your interactions with others are stained at best and you can have no human followers. (the only ones who will follow are Lily because shes crazy, Rex, and ED-E)

Military Scientist

Born into the Enclave you were given education, nutrition, and technology. Your prowess at developing weapons of war were unsurpassed in the organization, you are the architect of modern enclave power armor. However you were betrayed and nearly killed by the people who raised you, as you ran from the Enclave you became a courier to keep on the move. Due to your past you have access to unique crafting options, your science and repair are maxed, however your sheltered upbringing does you no favors in the wastes so your strength, endurance, perciption, and radiation resistance suffer.

Possesed

One night you woke to a fiery deathclaw at the foot of your bed, you fired upon it to no effect as it entered your body. Since that nightmare you've found you enjoy evil acts, and you constantly hear distorted whispers of murder and fire. Your job as a courier was a cover for you to murder and rampage while constantly on the move. Your alignment can never be good, you automatically have the snadman perk and cannibal perk, taking this causes the players eyes to turn completely black and lowers charisma by 2.

Revolutionary

You are originally from New Vegas, you lived in a great vault, but forced out with the rise of New Vegas, due to the gunshot wound your memory of the vault and your looks are altered. However in the back of your mind you know that with you, comes a new era in New Vegas, you are revolution.

Alien Observer

You aren't a true human, but an alien whose spaceship crashed, while you were observing a ship known as Zeta which was crewed by evil members of your race. Using the last remnants of your ships working technology, you changed yourself into one of the natives. The transformation wasn't perfect, leaving you a bit ugly (-2 charisma) but also keeping your original eyesight, which is better than average (+2 perception). You also rescued a schematic for a gun from your homeworld. You know very few things about Earth, so you are quite confused most of the time (penalty to speech) and you are adept at using and repairing guns (+1 Repair, +2 Firearms). Moreover, your former race has a very advanced technology (science and energy weapons increase)

Dimensional Traveller

The wasteland is certainly not your home. You come from a world with magic and monsters, you arrived here a year ago and learned that magic doesn't not exist here, and that there are only humans in this world, no dragons, dungeons, or orcs. You took on a job as a messenger in hopes of traveling the land in search for a way home. Due to your circumstances you have not yet adjusted to this new world, and so your skills suffer.