Need participants for an experiment

nomadimp

Hello!

I am a graduate student under the direction of Professor Stringer at the Guildhall at Southern Methodist University. I am conducting a research study to determine the influence of video games on decisions involving asymmetric dominance.

Your participation will involve completing a single question survey. Your participation in this study is voluntary. If you choose not to participate or to withdraw from the study at any time, there will be no penalty. The results of the research study may be published, but your name will not be used, to the extent allowed by law.

There are no foreseeable risks or discomforts if I agree to participate in this study.

Although there may be no direct benefit to you, the possible benefit of your participation is the improvement of our knowledge of the decision making process in video games.

If you have any questions concerning this research study, please contact Professor Stringer at (972) 473-3533 or estringer @ smu.edu

Sincerely,

Timothy Flemming

You can participate in this study by downloading Wasteland Survey, a simple mod that I created for the purposes of this experiment ( http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15241 ).

I will be able to answer any further questions here or via the contact information provided above.

Thank you again for taking interest in my study!

• 2 weeks later...

"There are no foreseeable risks or discomforts if I agree to participate in this study."

Does that include boredom? And what the hell is asymmetric dominance? Are you trying to impress us?

"If you choose not to participate or to withdraw from the study at any time, there will be no penalty. "

Whew! I was worried there for a moment.