Do you want it?

koolaid_man

30 members have voted

1. 1. What new area should I do for now?

• Some sort of Oblivion plane...
    • A castle, fool!
    • A nice, magical looking forest.
    • A prarie or plain, perhaps with a farmhouse.
    • Something scary....
    • Random! Flickr landscapes 5th image on the first page.

I've been making CS environments for a while now. Most of it has been for other mods of my colleagues that most of the time get dropped, and as a result I have about 4 unused smallish areas with doors leading to the market district for testing. These seem like they're going to waste just sitting there, so I was wondering if I should upload them as sort of a photography area. They serve little to no purpose gameplay wise or in functionality, but In my opinion they are beautiful places for you Oblivion photographers out there. If you like em', I can see myself making more themed areas.

So far I have:

Ayleid ruin fort in a redwood forest cove

Foggy swamp with rotting docks and a dilapidated shack

Pleasant castle garden with sitting areas and a water feature

Haunted city alleys in an eternal night world with a graveyard

A dark Victorian mansion on a seaside plateau at the edge of a tangled forest.

I'll try and get some good pictures later. Once again these are mainly areas for posing and still photos, and serve no purpose other than that. Like I said these are areas that were made for mods but never came to fruition, if these mods resume progress in the future I will reserve the right to keep these uploaded as my own work even if they are used.

of course you should upload them, allow people to see your works and possibly use them in the future.. with your permission of course

Well then, now I have motivation to hook up my old computer again and transfer all of my Oblivion stuff over. Do you know how borderline traumatic it is to rebuild Oblivion from vanilla after 4 years of modding?

Well I've seemed to have misplaced my memory stick... and my other memory stick... and all the other 4 memory sticks... and my external hard drive is at school so until next week I don't know when I'll have access to some sort of transfer. In the mean time, I can start setting up oblivion on my new machine and maybe crank out some from scratch...

tl;dr - Not going to have them until next week. I can make some more.

Any requests? Preferably small-ish areas, I normally try to collision box all of my scenery areas to prevent people getting lost in some weird world by falling off the edge, but if it's not needed and you don't blame me if you autosave in the abyss then I can save some time and hold off on the collision boxes. The one thing I loath is cluttering a house... I can do a room if it's absolutely necessary, but please don't ask for a house just for photography purposes...

I might just be speaking for myself, but...

What I've always seemed to miss is a great, blank landscape-mod for others to work with. Like an empty Shivering Isles (as example of loose continent/island, not of size).

Not with rooms, interiors, or perhaps even cities yet. Preferably with a great contrasting landscape; like a swamp actually being a swamp (unlike vanilla "swamps" in my opinion), etc etc...

I, for one, would love to see such a resource (or mod if you will), and would greatly appreciate it.

Lucifer

PS; I vote for "no collision boxes" as well.

Hmm... seems like a job for a large size brush and the heightmap editor -.o

I'm looking for something relatively small right now, just something to do until *ahem* Skooma Productions has more tasks for an environments guy. I can't find my Oblivion disk so I'm stealing one from a friend today, hopefully one of the categories comes through in a vote by then.

If you wanted to make your landscape mods more playable, you could drop some creature spawn points into them. If you really got into the spirit of it, you could put a tough boss at the end guarding a treasure chest. It is neat that you are making your work available for people to use and enjoy.

Apologies for being so late... Oblivion hasn't been cooperating with my new machine now that I've borrowed the disk from a friend. I don't know which speaks louder... the votes or people actually talking? I've started trying to coax some rooms out of my mesh making friends to design an interior for the Victorian mansion. It looks like as soon as I get it working it's off to a magical forest with me though. Se soon as sanity is restored I will come out with these places.

For now, here's a phobucket link I have to the mansion in an early stage. http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/koolaiddude/Mods/?action=view&current=obscary3.jpg

and one of the haunted city... which is more or less half way finished but abandoned as a project due to lack of meshes and animations to fulfill my vision. http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/koolaiddude/Mods/?action=view&current=ScreenShot105.jpg

*curse words* Great, I've been planning to make a whole large worldspace for all of these, and future photography scenes to be a part of. Now, I learn that my heightmap editor crashes CS on this machine. I will get it done, I haven't given up... in fact I've spent the last four days trying to get everything set up again... 4 years of oblivion does not come back easy on a blank slate. For now though, it looks like boring, 3-6 cell stages with no parent world, since I can't reasonably make one.