Oblivion.exe.?

GodKingVivec

Ive been trying to install obse but i have no idea where to put the files! Where is the Oblivion.exe. file located? It said in the directory but I dont know where that is. I feel like a noob all of a sudden lol.

Check the OBSE ReadMe. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion for the disc version. Steam version is located within your Steam\SteamApps\Common directory if you bought the game through Steam.

Check the OBSE ReadMe. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion for the disc version. Steam version is located within your Steam\SteamApps\Common directory if you bought the game through Steam.

So is it supposed to be in the Oblivion file then? Because I took the Bethesda Softworks file deleted it and moved oblivion and all the associated files such as Data to MyGames.

So is it supposed to be in the Oblivion file then? Because I took the Bethesda Softworks file deleted it and moved oblivion and all the associated files such as Data to MyGames.

Smooth613 was telling you where the default location was. Since you have moved "oblivion and all the associated files such as Data" to MyGames then your oblivion.exe file is likely to be in MyGames and that is where you should put the OBSE files.

I'm trying to reinstall my OBMM, but it keeps saying that it needs to be installed in the same file as Oblivion.exe. I've looked in my folder containing the game and can not find that file. I've also looked at what's on my disc and there is no file with that name either. When I did a search of the Games folder, the launcher is pulled up. I tried having OBMM installed where the launcher was and I keep getting the same message about needing to save where the Oblivion.exe file is. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!

Nevermind. I got it to work. I just wasn't doing something right. Though, I might still have problems with Wrye Bash. I'll know when I get that far.

Oblivion.exe is located in the Oblivion folder. Usually the same folder as the Oblivion launcher.

If you installed in the default location ( not the best place with Vista or Win7) look here

C:\program files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion

For steam here C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion

If you installed in a custom location - look there

Oblivion.exe is located in the Oblivion folder. Usually the same folder as the Oblivion launcher.

If you installed in the default location ( not the best place with Vista or Win7) look here

C:\program files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion

For steam here C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion

If you installed in a custom location - look there

I got OBMM to work. I'm just having problems with Bash now. I can't get it to launch. Thanks for the help. though.