LootAmmoBox respawn script

carywinton

I am new to scripting in the GECK, and I have reviewed a great deal of the tutorial available on the subject, but I am having trouble determining how to put a script on a loot ammo box which will cause the box to respawn ammo after it is empty. Any assistance would be appreciated. Once I can see how this works, I am sure I will understand the scripting better.

Thanks BadPenny, I shall give it a try and report my results. I had a feeling OnActivate was right, so at least I was on the right track. I see you use the "short" version for the ScriptName. :o)

I just happen to have some 308 ammo boxes set up in the scene.

Ok when I try to save the script, I am getting a message box asking do I want to save the script?

Current=

There does not seem to be a "save as" option, how odd...

There does not seem to be a "save as" option, how odd...

The script will be saved as whatever word is after "Scn" (scriptname).

FYI:

If you are not familiar with it already, then it can be handy to know FO3Edit at this point, because it is easy to load a vanilla script as a reference, modify it for your own use, and forget to change the scriptname before saving it. That can overwrite the original script and cause conflicts which cannot be undone simply by renaming the script back to the original name. FO3Edit will allow you to easily find and undo that sort of clutter.

I have not seen a version of FO3Edit for New Vegas yet, hopefully it will be released soon, not that I see a great deal of differences between FO3 and FNV in regards to this type of work. I open up Geck, select "interiors" in the cell view window, I select the interior I am working in with the LootAmmoBox308, "right" click the container, choose edit, then edit base, In the "Container" window I am choosing the three "..." box next to "Script" just under ID and Name. The Script Edit window is then opened. I click script and new, use cntrl + v to paste the new script data in the window, making sure the script type is "object", click "save", then I am presented with the window I mentioned earlier,

Save Current Script?

Do you want to save the current script?

Current =

If you click yes, and try to close the window you get the same message. If you try to look through the available scripts, the one we just made is not available. So, I am thinking the Geck cannot do this, and you must make the script with something else, then import it into the resources somehow. Seems a might frustrating either way.