can you remove a linked master file?

agent420

I made a mod and uploaded it its called junktown, the only problem I'm having with it is that I set a good hairday as one of its master files. it doesnt change anything in my mod just adds more hair choices for the actors. But a lot of people dont use that hair mod and cant play my game due to conflicts with it and the hair mod they are using. Is there anyway I can remove a good hairday from the requirements?

I made a mod and uploaded it its called junktown, the only problem I'm having with it is that I set a good hairday as one of its master files. it doesnt change anything in my mod just adds more hair choices for the actors. But a lot of people dont use that hair mod and cant play my game due to conflicts with it and the hair mod they are using. Is there anyway I can remove a good hairday from the requirements?

press delete when you select in in data file options before making it active should work.

Is there anyway I can remove a good hairday from the requirements?

Yes, with FO3Edit.

From "Miax's Tome of FO3Edit Noir v1.1"

5.2.4 Purging un-used Master File References

Master File References are links or references from your Plug-in to any Master files (ESMs) that it depends on to run, and stores the list in a record called, MAST. Most mods have Fallout3.ESM in their MASTer list, but you can have many such links in a plug-in. In fact when FO3Edit creates a Merged Patch, it puts links to many or nearly-all of the master files in your mod list. It is possible in some cases for a Plug-in to contain a link to a master file that it does not need.

For example, suppose the Plug-in we are cleaning had MasterB.esm in its MASTer list but it doesn't contain any overrides for, or makes any other references to, records from MasterB.esm. In that case we would not need nor want MasterB.esm listed in the MASTer record for our Plug-in! This function detects any un-used MASTer references in the Plug-in we are cleaning, and removes them from the MASTer list. FO3Edit also renumbers any file specific FormIDs in the Plug-in to ensure that it is cleaned properly.