Firefly / Serenity anyone?

resdev

This is more of an idea that I'm throwing out there, but here goes...

New Vegas just seems right for a Firefly theme. The Western/Pseudo Tech style of Fallout 3 New Vegas really lends itself well to the Firefly series. A ship as a home and some companions to go with it (Captain, pilot, medic, grunt, etc.) would be a lot of fun.

Was the series popular enough to rally the F3NV players/modders?

• 2 weeks later...
True there is another thread but it seems to have been buried among all the MW2 gun requests, I did think that if someone wanted they could make an ambitious attempt at a "mothership zeta" like mod where you end up on serenity with the firefly crew or something like that. Just an idea for now though

Hmm... I wonder if some enterprising, talented individual or group of individuals could combine this and a vertibird mod. IMO, vertibirds and Firefly-class transports share a lot of the same design basics, the Firefly is just larger, uses jet engines instead of propellers, and has a sublight space drive and a cargo bay.. Maybe a custom retexture is called for? Edited by JohannesGunn

I don't know why anyone hasn't done a Firefly/Serenity mod for Fallout already. I mean, it's the perfect game for such a mod. All I need are the clothes they all have, I don't need new NPC's, a story and all that, although it would be a plus. The same with the weapons (which just would be an already existing weapon like a revolver or a lever-action but with a "laser" sound to it, since the high-tech weapons look old-school). But still, I'm just glad if I can get Jayne's hat.