Firefly / Serenity anyone?

resdev

I really want to see a well done Firefly mod, guns, characters, close as possible outfits, and possibly Serenity herself, crashed maybe?

I could do some of this myself, like the ship interior, but I'm horrible at anything that resembles artistic talent, like faces, outfits, gun models, and a ship exterior.

EDIT: If anyone takes this on, here is a floor plan for a Firefly class vessel, or Serenity in this case. http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8049/5cb7fa8278b0ea82586136e.jpg

Edited by Savage117

Maybe your character picks up a distress call and finds the ship crashed and about to be overrun by Reavers. They wouldn't be too hard ( i think), just some slightly retextured raider skins. Then you could help them find the parts they'd need to get the ship back in to the black. Maybe have Mal or other crew members as companions for the duration of the missions.

Just my two cents, I would be willing to help write for this, but (of course) have no modding skills whatsoever.

Well I'd like to think that if we can pool enough resources together like a well thought idea for a quest line and what we think would save a modder time,

(like your retextures of raiders to make reavers) then when one does read this topic then they'll be willing to put in the effort,

right now the ideas are all kinda vague and things so everyone post in an organized manner what you'd like to see and maybe it will be made!

Edit: Here a montage/music video someone made for Firefly to give some ideas, although the spirt of the show isn't well captured by the video or the song really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQs2XyM3uec&feature=related

Edit Again: Heres A better video and the actual theme song called "Ballad Of Serenity"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbAaMbxdKG8

Edited by simplywayne90

Maybe even a complete overhaul where you choose to help either the Alliance or the Independents in the Unification war, before Firefly takes place, with armies, uniforms, weapons and all that which we see in the small flashbacks we get from the war. Then you may get to meet Mal and Zoë in the war, but the others of the crew didn't participate in the war or it's unknown if they did (so you may not meet them) and people would most likely choose to fight for the Independents because who would like to kill Mal and Zoë? :s

Anyways, a complete overhaul as an alternative story of Firefly would be cool aswell, and probably funnier/easier. It could be that you are travelling with Firefly, you know like Book and Simon before they joined the crew, and then they have to stop/hide/crash on some planet/moon for some reason (the planet/moon where the story would take place) and you could either help them or work against them (duh!), whatever rocks your socks. There would be feds after them, and after Simon and River. There would be reavers that'd like to eat you. There would be Alliance-friendlies who very much would like to beat you down in a bar brawl.

But best of all... THE CUNNING HAT!

No, just kidding. ;)

Best of all would be that the story would be able to continue past where the series ended, fill the gap between the series and the movie you know :) Because I would very much like to know what's up with Book, what's his connections with Alliance and is he really a priest? There's also Simon and Kaylee's feelings (although that evolves more later in the movie), Wash's jealousy of Mal and Zoë (which is sorted out in the series), Jayne messing with Simon, Inaras love/hate feelings for Mal and of course Rivers "problems". You know that fed from the first episode? He was planned to come back later in the series because he survived the gunshot, so this could also be his chance.

I personally would like to see something simple in the quest parts, something like the ship crashed nearby say, Novac, after a battle with another bounty hunter, Id like it to take place before the movie, Wash died I like wash. If you make it simple I would think someone would be more inclined to make it, less overwhelming.

Maybe you meet Simon and River browsing Cliffs store, that dinosaur is an easy to see land mark at a good distance, after Mal tries to get them out of his hair, like in the episode "Safe" where their transporting the cattle, and you are able to talk to them and find out about the crashed ship. Not much imagination needed to continue from there.

I feel it would need to be integrated into the fallout story so it wouldn't break the immersion too much, you could choose how the story ends with your actions, maybe you turn them in to the bounty hunter, you help them fix their ship, or you can't help them with the ship but you help with the bounty hunter problem. Give the player a reward for all of these outcomes, say the bounty hunter gives you a special rifle or sword, energy, gun, or melee depending on taged skills, Mal gives you his pistol or Jayne gives you a weapon if you help with the bounty hunter, or kayley gives you something for help fixing the ship. Maybe you could get all the characters to have a small quest and small reward for each.

If I were any good with the face maker I would try to make the characters, I would say they are the most important part of the mod. The mod could be made with just them and a quest, no ship needed, although it would make it better.

Found a new mod that resembles Jayne's favorite gun "Vera" although some retextureing is in order

Jayne Look-alike gun

Here you have something more exact to the Callahan Fullbore Autolock AKA Vera, although it's not a model for Fallout so someone would have to make it aswell, instead of just a texture work.

Saddens me that no one takes a liking of a Firefly-based mod for Fallout New Vegas :(

I loved the show and love the idea of a Serenity complete with crew for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Unfortunately I lack most of the skill and knowledge necessary to making such a thing, so all I can do is sit here and hope that someone far more talented than myself will answer our wishes.

If there can be a TARDIS in Oblivion and Fallout, I see no reason why a Firefly isn't at all possible as well.